
New Skinky time!!!
A terrarium upgrade, as we all know, is just another excuse to get a new bluetongue.
Sooooo, I got a new enclosure from trademe ( NZ craigslist type thing ) turned up to pick it up and was greeted by a herpetologist! she and her husband invited me in to reptile heaven OMG
several Blueys, a couple of water dragons, leopard geckos and millions of turtles later.The tour was a total suprise and privilage , she also gave me a thermostat when I mentioned I was going to need to get one for my new skink
Moving on - The purpose of the upgrade! Charlie has a new Neighbour! Poppy is also an eastern, she is a heaps lighter colour to Charlie and is a guts she has eaten 2 meals in 3 days and is still hungry lol.
She had stuck shed on her back claws and tail when I got her which was looking a bit worrying.
She did not thank me for helping her slough it off but at least she will keep those wee toes.
( warm water and gentle massage sorted it out)
Poppy is now in Charlies old enclosure ( which, for those with a memory like an elephant, HAS been fixed so no more skinks can take nose dives off of the side and hurt themselves! ) she has been more active than expected for a bubby skink in a new place, more updates and Pics to follow in this thread while I remember how to post pics again lol



