Page 1 of 1

Welcome Home Alice and London!

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:56 am
by Dakota
As many of you know, due to my landlord fearing my lizards "attract roaches", he made me get rid of them. Due to money being tight, we couldn't move right away, so I had to get rid of them. Debbie, Kris, and Diana stepped up to "board" my skinks until I could move out of the hell hole. Well, we moved out in January or February, thankfully. I have a greenhouse outside dedicated to keeping them in. It is 14' x 7' x 7' I believe. I prefer to house my skinks outside, but couldn't house them on the patio anymore, so I just went with the greenhouse. I have them in a shaded area, with a tarp over top, and temperatures are perfect (trust me, I have tested for weeks!). Now enough :blah: here are some pictures of my two lovelies.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Now, I officially have 5 skinks back. I am waiting for Xaunder to give birth (awesome, right?? I send her away RIGHT before breeding season starts :heated: ), then I will get the rest including Xaunder: Ema and Hunter. I am also getting another female Halmahera, but it may be a few years before I even think about breeding her (I will explain more in a few months. :D )

Re: Welcome Home Alice and London!

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:47 pm
by NickBrahz
They are beautiful , i wouldn't be able to give up my babies either if i was you i would have just layed down with all of them as soon as i got them and just have them walk all over me and explore while i pat them, everytime my landlord sends out somebody for an inspection because our place is always so clean she just walks past the room i have the lizards in and doesn't bother to look into the room, though i don't think they would react to badly seeing they are fine with turtles being kept in my house and a rabbit.

Re: Welcome Home Alice and London!

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:50 pm
by Richard.C
oh dear there hideous

:lol: kidding

both are looking great,must be a load off your mind getting some of them back with the rest to soon follow

i forgot about your greenhouse,are u housing them in there already?

Re: Welcome Home Alice and London!

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:31 am
by splashy07
Aahhh, Dakota....all the best to you and yours in your new home.
They are absolutely awesome.

Re: Welcome Home Alice and London!

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:26 pm
by alichamp
Love them :D Beautiful colouring.