Welcome Home Alice and London!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Posts: 5212
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
Country: US

Welcome Home Alice and London!

Postby Dakota » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:56 am

As many of you know, due to my landlord fearing my lizards "attract roaches", he made me get rid of them. Due to money being tight, we couldn't move right away, so I had to get rid of them. Debbie, Kris, and Diana stepped up to "board" my skinks until I could move out of the hell hole. Well, we moved out in January or February, thankfully. I have a greenhouse outside dedicated to keeping them in. It is 14' x 7' x 7' I believe. I prefer to house my skinks outside, but couldn't house them on the patio anymore, so I just went with the greenhouse. I have them in a shaded area, with a tarp over top, and temperatures are perfect (trust me, I have tested for weeks!). Now enough :blah: here are some pictures of my two lovelies.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Now, I officially have 5 skinks back. I am waiting for Xaunder to give birth (awesome, right?? I send her away RIGHT before breeding season starts :heated: ), then I will get the rest including Xaunder: Ema and Hunter. I am also getting another female Halmahera, but it may be a few years before I even think about breeding her (I will explain more in a few months. :D )
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
User avatar
NickBrahz
The Undecider
The Undecider
Posts: 858
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:09 pm
Country: Australia
Location: Sydney

Re: Welcome Home Alice and London!

Postby NickBrahz » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:47 pm

They are beautiful , i wouldn't be able to give up my babies either if i was you i would have just layed down with all of them as soon as i got them and just have them walk all over me and explore while i pat them, everytime my landlord sends out somebody for an inspection because our place is always so clean she just walks past the room i have the lizards in and doesn't bother to look into the room, though i don't think they would react to badly seeing they are fine with turtles being kept in my house and a rabbit.
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Welcome Home Alice and London!

Postby Richard.C » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:50 pm

oh dear there hideous

:lol: kidding

both are looking great,must be a load off your mind getting some of them back with the rest to soon follow

i forgot about your greenhouse,are u housing them in there already?
User avatar
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 3191
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:24 am
Country: USA
Location: Farmingdale,LI,NY

Re: Welcome Home Alice and London!

Postby splashy07 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:31 am

Aahhh, Dakota....all the best to you and yours in your new home.
They are absolutely awesome.
User avatar
alichamp
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 749
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:50 pm
Country: Australia
Location: NSW

Re: Welcome Home Alice and London!

Postby alichamp » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:26 pm

Love them :D Beautiful colouring.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 307 guests