Page 1 of 1

Light coloured mushy poop

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:40 pm
by wermy
I'm sorry I didn't take pics, but in the last 4 days Titus has done 2 poops that, while not runny, was definitely mushy and not solid. They came out with a big puddle of pee and were roughly the consistency of mustard. They were also a rather light brown-greenish colour. And unlike his previous poops, which looked and smelled like poop, these poops smelled just like the dog food, just slightly rancid.

For the last week he's been eating out of a can of chicken-based dog food that was light in colour. (I buy him a different flavour each week and switch proteins for variety.) So I didn't worry about the first one because I figured, new protein, he's probably just adjusting. But then this morning again, another one. The appearance and smell makes me wonder if he's not digesting his food properly.

Would this be cause for concern?

Edit to add more detailed diet info:
70% Dog food - containing chicken, lamb, beef, carrot, rice, spinach
30% veg mix - butternut squash, broccoli, bok choy, parsley, fig
With Calcium and D3 powder

Re: Light coloured mushy poop

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:14 pm
by NickBrahz
This may or may not be of help im not sure but have a read through this, has he been eating anything recently other then dog food?
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=23702

Re: Light coloured mushy poop

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:12 pm
by wermy
Thanks, I did see that thread a while back, and was pleased to find that Titus's poops (back then) looked very similar to the first pic. His last two poops, however, were this weird sickly green and literally looked and felt like discoloured mustard from a squeezy bottle. Barely holding itself in a solid shape, if that makes sense. And it smelled just like dog food!

He didn't eat anything else, the last time I gave him a treat was 4 days ago, a tiny bit of blueberry baby food.

Re: Light coloured mushy poop

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:59 pm
by NickBrahz
It may be to do with the baby food, because baby food is all mushy so it could have given him a half runny poo.

Re: Light coloured mushy poop

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:37 pm
by wermy
It was only a tiny bit licked off my finger a couple times though, I doubt it could impact 2 (now 3*) consecutive poops. :(

*He just did another one:

Image

Re: Light coloured mushy poop

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:54 am
by Snowysmom
Well, what you are describing happened to my Merauke when given eggs, or banana, or blueberry and took 3 days to stop after taken the food culprit away. Maybe this will help?

Re: Light coloured mushy poop

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:02 am
by wermy
For reals? Exactly the same, even making poop not smell like poop? I knew egg and banana would muck up poops, but didn't think blueberry would! I will just hold out another couple days to see if it goes back to normal then. :)

Re: Light coloured mushy poop

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:10 am
by NickBrahz
Yeah i think it's just a running poo certain foods do that, mine does especially with egg, seems that its already starting to hard up so within a few more days it should be normal again.

Re: Light coloured mushy poop

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:17 am
by splashy07
Mine make them like that when they eat too many superworms. The only time mine poop the same every time is when I give the same food for a while. I never worried, figuring different foods cause different poo.