Page 1 of 1
Still Not Eating
Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:37 am
by Seth_I.
My boys have been awake since February but neither is showing much interest in eating. I know they regularly take a while to get back on food but Chewy is looking a little thin. Night time temps can still get fairly low here but on average the ambient temps are climbing. I can get them to eat an occasional bite of stew meat or a dried grasshopper but they will not eat full meals or touch their usual diet. Are they just still coming out of breeding season? Neither is showing additional aggression/crankiness.
Re: Still Not Eating
Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:28 am
by Susann
That's because they're boys. They've got nothing but girls on their minds. I bet as nighttime temps start to rise and days get warmer too, they'll eventually give up on running into a girl and food will start to climb on the priority list.
Re: Still Not Eating
Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:28 pm
by Richard.C
x2 what susann said,even females will act this way,cool nights but warm days is what tropical reptiles see as fasting time,they are very picky at best,males generally the worst as they can keep showing this behavior longer than females,brcause of there breeding urges especially if they cycle later
if your concerned and want them eating sooner one option is to increase night warmth
Re: Still Not Eating
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:51 am
by Seth_I.
Thanks for chiming in. I'll try to let them continue about their business but monitor their weight. I really wish I had some females to "satisfy" their quests!