Page 1 of 1

Living together

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:13 am
by knk
I've had my 2 or over 2 years and have yet to put them together, when I bought them I was told one was male thew other female I got the male first and then the female and the closest I got was having their tanks close by one another to see the reaction of each of them when they saw each other.

So besides breeding them are they able to be in the same tank? Even i say they're the same gender?

Re: Living together

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:42 am
by MechHAN
Usually,for indo ones,they can be only keep in one tank for breeding,and after they finish it better keep them away.

Re: Living together

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:04 pm
by starscream3232
It's usually recommended to house blue tongues separately. If you are not there to separate them if they do fight the can really hurt/kill each other. I know a few breeders that house them in large outdoor enclosures. This works so they have plenty of room to get away from each other. They are not generally social with each other except durning breeding season. Better to keep them separate. better safe than sorry.