I don't think my bluetongue is happy!
Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:55 am
I have a young blue tongue “Ozzy” (about 4 months old) and he eats really sporadically and is not very active. He has only eaten one small piece of apple in the past 7 days even though I have tried the things he has eaten before like grated button squash with dog food, crickets and silkworms. He seems to be developing a pattern of eating for a couple of days and then not wanting anything for a week and then pooing quite a lot. Is this ok? What colour poo is normal- sometimes it varies, should it be an even brown colour? He also likes to spend almost all his time in a rock cave on a heat mat even though I have a 34 degree (approx) basking area and a nice big tank with a cooler area too.
I have also started using an infra red and now a blue bulb at night to keep him warm overnight but it’s not exactly cold in Eastern Australia in summer but quite humid. I also take him out to get some time in the sun every day where he is protected and has access to shade.
Am I doing anything wrong, he doesn’t seem happy although looks healthy and has grown a lot since I’ve had him.
I have also started using an infra red and now a blue bulb at night to keep him warm overnight but it’s not exactly cold in Eastern Australia in summer but quite humid. I also take him out to get some time in the sun every day where he is protected and has access to shade.
Am I doing anything wrong, he doesn’t seem happy although looks healthy and has grown a lot since I’ve had him.
: