Skink won't eat/normal but with a new concerning twist?
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:04 pm
Hi guys, I'm fairly sure I know the answer to this question but my wife and I just need some reassurance.
I have a Northern BTS whos about seven years old old. Right about this time of year I'll notice a decrease in activity and an all around stop in food consumption...All progressing as normal.
Unfortunately this year there is a new behavior I have not yet come across. In addition to not taking any food for about...3 weeks now (all the favorites have been paraded out of course) I've noticed a HUGE increase in activity. Like active from "dawn" to "dusk" if not even a little past lights out. We have a pretty aerobic enclosure laid out with cargo nets and rock climbs.
Its really freaking us out! Hes up early and off to bed late, moving up, down and all around. I'm assuming this is normal mating season behavior? Our vet think's its a girl but i'm still pulling for a boy!
Is there any kind of ailment that could cause over active behavior? Or maybe a food I haven't tried that would be considered far too enticing to pass up?
Thanks for the help!!
I have a Northern BTS whos about seven years old old. Right about this time of year I'll notice a decrease in activity and an all around stop in food consumption...All progressing as normal.
Unfortunately this year there is a new behavior I have not yet come across. In addition to not taking any food for about...3 weeks now (all the favorites have been paraded out of course) I've noticed a HUGE increase in activity. Like active from "dawn" to "dusk" if not even a little past lights out. We have a pretty aerobic enclosure laid out with cargo nets and rock climbs.
Its really freaking us out! Hes up early and off to bed late, moving up, down and all around. I'm assuming this is normal mating season behavior? Our vet think's its a girl but i'm still pulling for a boy!
Is there any kind of ailment that could cause over active behavior? Or maybe a food I haven't tried that would be considered far too enticing to pass up?
Thanks for the help!!