Page 1 of 1
Couple possible pregnant meraukes...
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:23 pm
by DianaBlueTongue
All my fingers and toes are crossed on these two. Both are loosing a ton of their own body weight, thinning tail bases, arms, and line of the spine and hips showing, plus are down to doing a push up with each breath. Both sleep all day and night under their lamps and feeding has slowed to nibbles. I've noticed both becoming more and more restless over the last week. Not an impending delivery/labor sort of restless just a can't seem to get comfy kind of restless, constantly repositioning every few minutes and going back to sleep. Between 120-130 days each and kept much warmer then usual. Hoping were in the last few weeks if either really are gravid!
I know you're not supposed to get excited about merauke females actually having babies. But its just sooo hard not too. lol.
Re: Couple possible pregnant meraukes...
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:01 pm
by Seadation
Nice! They look like they are about to pop.
Re: Couple possible pregnant meraukes...
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:28 pm
by Dood
My fingers are crossed for some CBB merauke babies

Re: Couple possible pregnant meraukes...
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:30 pm
by NickBrahz
Those are some big girls looking like they want to pop letting the babies out.
Re: Couple possible pregnant meraukes...
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:49 am
by splashy07
Oh that would be just awesome....so nice to see! I'm going to be checking every 5 minutes now.....
If they were mine I would probably get fired because I would not be able to leave them and go to work!
Re: Couple possible pregnant meraukes...
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:35 am
by DianaBlueTongue
haha thanks guys!
Yeah, I really am pretty excited. I just cant help it at this point with how theyre both looking and acting. The one female belongs to Dakota and the other is mine. Fingers are crossed for both but I really hope Dakotas female goes. Most of the profits from those babies I'll be sending to him and his dad to help with daily living expenses and getting a new place so he can get all his skinks back that me and a few others have been boarding for him. Plus I very honestly really want to keep one, shes just a stunning captive bred adult female as it is so her offspring would be true captive born and bred babies. I recently picked up an awesome adult Schwinn line male and really really want a spectacular captive bred female to pair him with. My fingers are equally as crossed for Sue to have success again with her amazing meraukes, I missed out last year but Im not gonna this year if I can manage it!
Re: Couple possible pregnant meraukes...
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:13 pm
by Richard.C
They both do look pretty promising diana,nothing wring with getting excited,thats the fun part,your not suppoaed to make waiting lists though,as that can jinx you,lol
Fingers crossed
Re: Couple possible pregnant meraukes...
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:15 pm
by DianaBlueTongue
hhaahah, nope! no waiting lists on these two. Only person on the waiting list right now is me

Re: Couple possible pregnant meraukes...
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:25 pm
by Richard.C
The top one looks very similar to an eastern of mine right now,big and fat but tail condition dropping,and you can see the spine similar,about to get a batch of hot days so wont suorise me if she implodes very soon,lol
Re: Couple possible pregnant meraukes...
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:17 pm
by Dakota
They are both looking good - especially Xaunder.
