Page 1 of 1

New BTS owner and Almost a disaster!

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:37 pm
by Fbailey
I ordered a Northern Blue Tongue on-line and was shipped Fedex to my parent's home (because my husband and I work during the day and wanted to ensure someone was home). I THOUGHT that they would have to sign for him, but apparently did not. After tracking the order today, I had learned that it had been delivered to their home and was VERY excited and called to come pick it up. Problem was, NO PACKAGE! After being on the phone all day, getting off work and going to my parent's home to look for it (because driver SAID he left it), we finally found the package inside the garage behind my parent's car! It was sitting on the brick trim right beside the back wheel of my father's vehicle! I was FURIOUS! Did not care about the money I paid for him, all I wanted was to find out where he was and make sure he was safe! So my advice, make sure before hand that it is CLEAR that Fedex is to get signature AND to KNOCK ON THE DOOR! :heated: He said that he "was in a hurry and thought that we would see it!" At least Fedex made the driver return and apologize! It was not like it was some clothing or something that could be replaced! Anyway, he made it and I love him :D Settling in after a long day and ate well.

Re: New BTS owner and Almost a disaster!

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:25 pm
by Fbailey
Pic of him on his way to his new set up! He is in his cubbie now and fast asleep!

Re: New BTS owner and Almost a disaster!

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:44 pm
by Susann
Glad everything worked out OK! Welcome to the site.

Re: New BTS owner and Almost a disaster!

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:05 pm
by Dakota
What kind of bedding is that?

Re: New BTS owner and Almost a disaster!

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:41 am
by Fbailey
Colored Aspen. Partial on top of top soil with no fertilizer. I have two real plants (won't dig them up yet) on the other side. Feedback welcome.

Re: New BTS owner and Almost a disaster!

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:56 am
by Fbailey
Also using a mercury vapor lamp. I found him last night under his water bowl where he dug under the aspen. Scared me! Couldn't find that little guy anywhere!

Re: New BTS owner and Almost a disaster!

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:56 am
by Margeryblue
That's such a scary story! I'm glad everything worked out okay for you and your nugget. Do you have a name for them yet? Also good advise on using mail services. I've been on the fence about ordering lizards online for that reason! Also I live in New England so it's much colder than Georgia. Good luck and post pictures with any progress :)

Re: New BTS owner and Almost a disaster!

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:16 am
by splashy07
Friend of mine had similar problem, package was left outside behind a hedge! Box clearly marked with contents and shipper told to advise when delivered! Not a chance, these fedex and ups muscleheads do not give a hot *darn about what is in that box. I received a box that was almost completely crushed at one time, thank God there was a tiny undamaged space in there that the critter was in. It is for that reason, and a laundry list of other shipping horror stories I have to tell that I no longer have anything live besides feeder insects shipped to my residence. Don't want to scare anyone but I could go on for days about this. Many years in this hobby has made me friends in the business that take care of this for me when the need presents itself. Best of luck with your new guy, and a quick story for you....over the weekend I picked up a new acquisition from my friend's reptile shop, and in my excitement to get the little guy home I did not tie the bag securely....when I got my stuff inside I pulled out the cloth bag to find nothing in it! Flew back outside to check and there he was on the floor of my truck...I must have lost 15 years of my life and at my age that is not good!
Welcome and best of luck to you!

Re: New BTS owner and Almost a disaster!

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:31 pm
by Fbailey
Would not like to be in New England this time of year! Brrrrr! Love the South!

And I also aged 20 years yesterday as well! That is why I am going to be satisfied with My One beardie and My One BTS! :thumbs:

Re: New BTS owner and Almost a disaster!

Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:29 am
by splashy07
Ah, but so be warned....Beardies and Blueys are highly addictive! Hate it here in the northeast, plan to retire down south one of these days....