Page 1 of 1

NEW ARRIVAL 8D

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:29 am
by Andee
OMG OMG OMG

So Merauke Baby has arrived 8D I am still slightly unsure of what to call him. I have a list of like 5-6 names. He is healthy, has all his toes and is quite hissy right now, though he grudgingly let me pick him up to transfer him lol silly little boy.

I will have pictures soon, god he's sooooo tiny >w< and adorable, he's about 5 inches AT the MOST. He has gotten a drink and is now exploring. Everytime I walk near though he hisses lol, it's not scary at all only funny pfft.

Re: NEW ARRIVAL 8D

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:37 pm
by Andee
He has eaten his first meal, and is still hissy every time I put my hand in the cage only I've only done that twice since I moved him into it. His name is Chronos for the titan he shall become ^^. I love him already, he is in his hide right now.

The basking temp stays at like 100-101 is that too powerful?

Pictures tomorrow morning ^^

Re: NEW ARRIVAL 8D

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:59 pm
by Dakota
Congrats! I remember how great it felt to get my first Bluetongue.. euphoria!! Can't wait to see pictures.

Re: NEW ARRIVAL 8D

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:27 pm
by sacs4010
I am not sure about your new Merauke, but mine only hisses when he is annoyed. lol Mine never really gets scared, he just gets annoyed. They are a lot of fun. If his basking spot is at that temperature you should be good.

Re: NEW ARRIVAL 8D

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:10 pm
by Andee
So Chronos is shedding I think. He's rubbing himself all over the corkbark in his enclosure and yawning a lot, walking funny etc. . The usual signs of shedding for most lizards I have had. Which could explain why he is so grumpy today and not interested in eating. Anyone have any idea how long shedding for a six week old usually takes?

And of course, PICTURES like I promised:

Image

Image

Image

He was resting his head on a big clump of Eco Earth like a pillow lol XD