Page 1 of 2
Vision VS Showcase Cages Enclosures
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:03 pm
by sacs4010
I would like everyone's opinion on which cage I should purchase. I love the showcasecages.com enclosure, but they are very expensive. I can purchase a larger 72" Vision enclosure and it would be a lot cheaper then the 60" Showcase enclosure. What do you think everyone?
Re: Vision VS Showcase Cages Enclosures
Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:36 pm
by sacs4010
Really? No one has an opinion? *Bump* lol I know you guys must have something to say or suggest on this subject.
Re: Vision VS Showcase Cages Enclosures
Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:29 am
by hurricanejen
Worked with vision cages for a long time. Pretty darn near indestructible, easy to clean, even the glass is super tough. I love them. It's a huge plus that I can drag even the big ones around (empty) on my own, without needing help.
The only thing is honestly they're kinda ugly on the outside, and due to the relatively low lip, you can't put too much bedding in there.
-Jen
Re: Vision VS Showcase Cages Enclosures
Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:04 pm
by splashy07
Animal plastics makes some nice cages. Check them out!
Re: Vision VS Showcase Cages Enclosures
Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:49 pm
by DianaBlueTongue
I love vision cages, I use quite a few sizes for my bt's and find that the 3ft one is absolutely perfect sized for an adult. Plus they're super lightweight and made to be stacked so its super easy to rearrange them if you need to. Ive never had showcase cages honestly because I think its far too much to spend on one cage. Unless you make a very good living and can afford to blow the extra money but IMHO the only thing you're getting for the extra cash is the name.
Re: Vision VS Showcase Cages Enclosures
Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:35 pm
by Kurt
I have 2 visions. No issues. Will buy more as I get more skinks. Either way I don't think you can go wrong.
Re: Vision VS Showcase Cages Enclosures
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:55 am
by JoshChimera
I have visited showcasecages a few times and I agree, they are over priced. Vision cages look nice, I never owned one, I have been browing prices. Honestly I buy my cages second hand and really have had great luck!
Re: Vision VS Showcase Cages Enclosures
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:25 am
by DianaBlueTongue
^^^ me too! I've never bought a new vision cage, have only ever bought them second hand. Although MUCH cheaper then showcase vision cages are still pretty pricey when bought brand new. You can get them for sometimes a third of the original price if you pick them up used. Over the summer I scored a stack of 6 3ft vision cages for JUST over the price I would have paid for just one new.
Re: Vision VS Showcase Cages Enclosures
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:36 pm
by jclaiborne
I have my IJ's in vision cages and love them, I wired a light inside so I don't have to use the domes, and I added a 6in barrier on the inside so I can pack in the substrate without it pouring over the low lip and filling the door tracks.
Re: Vision VS Showcase Cages Enclosures
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:02 pm
by Romeyrider
Will you make a video when your setting it up?
Re: Vision VS Showcase Cages Enclosures
Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:24 pm
by sacs4010
Is there a place that makes stands for the vision cages? Yes, I will make a video. lol
Re: Vision VS Showcase Cages Enclosures
Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:51 pm
by sacs4010
Anyone?
Re: Vision VS Showcase Cages Enclosures
Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:56 am
by Romeyrider
You would think Vision would make a stand, if they don't they should start making them. You will just have to find an appropriate sized table.
Re: Vision VS Showcase Cages Enclosures
Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:07 am
by Carnivale
I don't have any vision cages from LLLReptile (not sure if they're sold elsewhere), but I do have a Showcase that I recently bought off craigslist secondhand. It's one of the 48"L models, red sand color, plus pretty much everything I needed came with it (heat lamp, flourescent light, heat pad, hides, etc. all for $200. And I have another 48"L front-opening cage made of wood (much heavier, I wouldn't recommend it just due to that) that I got for $150, again from craigslist.
Though obviously your area may or may not have a lot of results when searching for cages, I would say try to buy secondhand if at all possible. You're at least much more likely to find something you like for a lot cheaper than you'd otherwise find.
Re: Vision VS Showcase Cages Enclosures
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:48 am
by Snowysmom
I am for sure getting either Vision or Showcase. Most likely I will go with Vision though. I am going to call Vision to see if they are going to start carryng stands. What I really need to know from those of you who love these Visions....how is the ventilation and is there enough? I don't see even with the extra vent option how they are well ventilated. Thanks much.
Re: Vision VS Showcase Cages Enclosures
Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:32 am
by SmaugTheBluey
IMO I think building a cage is best, mine could've been nicer/cheaper/bigger but I messed up quite a few times. Compared to a pre-made cage you save at least a 100$ and you can build it to how you want it. Between vision and showcase enclosures I'd say vision because of their simplicity, comparison of price visions are cheaper, and because you can stack them.
Re: Vision VS Showcase Cages Enclosures
Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:55 am
by jclaiborne
Snowysmom wrote:I am for sure getting either Vision or Showcase. Most likely I will go with Vision though. I am going to call Vision to see if they are going to start carryng stands. What I really need to know from those of you who love these Visions....how is the ventilation and is there enough? I don't see even with the extra vent option how they are well ventilated. Thanks much.
I added two vents on mine. One on each side, on the hot side up top (centered) and down low on the cold side (centered). So I have found with a few little modifications the visions can be awesome for keeping lizards.
Re: Vision VS Showcase Cages Enclosures
Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:03 am
by Snowysmom
I added two vents on mine. One on each side, on the hot side up top (centered) and down low on the cold side (centered). So I have found with a few little modifications the visions can be awesome for keeping lizards.[/quote]
I agree that those vents are needed. For the price of the Vision you'd think that they would have ventilated them better. Seems like that's a con to me. Thank you.
Re: Vision VS Showcase Cages Enclosures
Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:39 am
by Snowysmom
Well, the good news is that I found a Showcase Cage for sale, same size I needed (48x24x18). It is on sale for $481 on Showcase and picked it up for $175. It was used for under a year and in pristine condition

. The woman I bought it from is selling more of them also. Can't wait to get a stand for it and get Snowy in her new permanent home.
Re: Vision VS Showcase Cages Enclosures
Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:47 am
by Carnivale
Nice! Congrats on the find!
