Page 1 of 1

Subspecies/Locality with the highest black markings?

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:38 pm
by Martianmoon
Hey guys! I'm a newbie here, and planning on getting a blue tongue once I graduate, which will be a few years - but I think it'll be worth the wait. :D In the meantime, I'm trying to learn as much as I can about BTS lore and care.
I'm not very learned about the different species/subspecies/localities/etc. yet, but I know I really like the animals that have a lot of black on them. The black arms and the black that trickles between the facial scales on some pictures of BTS that I've seen is really pretty. But, I'm not sure what type of BTS this is characteristic of. Anyone care to enlighten me? C:

Re: Subspecies/Locality with the highest black markings?

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:48 pm
by Dakota
Sounds like a Halmahera form Indonesian.. with the black limbs and black webbing between the scales you are describing. Here is a picture:
Image

Re: Subspecies/Locality with the highest black markings?

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:42 am
by Martianmoon
I think that is the kind that I saw! So pretty. <3 How hard are they to find?

Re: Subspecies/Locality with the highest black markings?

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:48 am
by Dakota
Martianmoon wrote:I think that is the kind that I saw! So pretty. <3 How hard are they to find?

Not hard at all, actually. You can buy them online or a local reptile show. Reptiles shows usually have a few at least.

Re: Subspecies/Locality with the highest black markings?

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:09 pm
by Martianmoon
Great! Thanks for your help. :D