Page 1 of 1
Specie?
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:18 am
by golum
Hello!
I just got my new BTS from a pet store. The owner of the pet store guess it´s an Tiliqua Scincoides but he is not sure at all...
So i want to ask what specie you think this might look like?
And if you think the little scar between the eyes(as you can see on one picture) will disappear?
Thank you / Mattias
Re: Specie?
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:39 am
by Jbolar
looks to be a very nice irian jaya blue tongue.
Re: Specie?
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:36 am
by golum
Okay:) more Opinions please?
Re: Specie?
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:40 am
by JoshChimera
That is the nicest looking Iran Jaya I have ever seen. I never seen them with eye bands like that! I don't see any scarring on this skink. The pattern this one has is very good looking! Congratulations on the new Blue Tongue skink baby!
Re: Specie?
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:42 am
by Fatal_S
I would not consider that an IJ personally. My first thought was Eastern, but I suck at IDing Easterns. So I'll cast my vote for a Northern x IJ hybrid.
Re: Specie?
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:46 am
by Dakota
Fatal_S wrote:I would not consider that an IJ personally. My first thought was Eastern, but I suck at IDing Easterns. So I'll cast my vote for a Northern x IJ hybrid.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Re: Specie?
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:05 pm
by DianaBlueTongue
My first thought was eastern too actually because of the faint black stripe that runs down the sides, but chances are low that its a pure eastern. Easterns are rare enough that the it would have probably been known that's what it was when it was sold to you.
Maybe some sort of eastern hybrid?
Whatever it is its a very pretty little bluey but I would seriously recommend not breeding it since the exact type of blue tongue is unknown and its not a definite of any particular type. Will make a wonderful pet though.

Re: Specie?
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:06 pm
by Dood
I know Easterns (Tiliqua scincoides scincoides) are rare in North America but is the same true for Europe?
If this was a skink sold here I too would say Northern x Irian Jaya like this guy -
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25067&p=451113#p451113 but it does look more Eastern to me

Re: Specie?
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:37 pm
by Jbolar
that is kinda funny as i was thinking eastern, But i went with IJ as the likely hood of being an eastern was fairly low.
Re: Specie?
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:44 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
Looks like an Eastern to me.
Re: Specie?
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:17 pm
by Dakota
Ask for pictures of the parents.

Re: Specie?
Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:12 pm
by Teacup
I can't help with ID but I wanted to say that, whatever he is, he is seriously gorgeous.
