Page 1 of 1
Is my Blue Tongue Sking Full Grown
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:09 am
by mzelinger
Hello all. My Blue Tongue Skink is around 14 months old and measures approximately 15"-16". Can someone tell me if this is small for a Bluey, and if he/she will still grow some more? I remember the full grown one I saw in the store when I made the purchase seemed huge compared to how he/she is now. Thank you, Mike
Re: Is my Blue Tongue Sking Full Grown
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:52 am
by mzelinger
Re: Is my Blue Tongue Sking Full Grown
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:15 pm
by Richard.C
Thats not a bad size for its age,and it will grow more still,as they get bigger there growth will slow down giving impression ,theu arent still growing
That should get to at least 23 odd inches long if its tail is intact,some get quite a bit bigger than that
Re: Is my Blue Tongue Sking Full Grown
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:45 pm
by Dood
His growth doesn't seem too off the mark - My Irian Jaya x Northern is 14 months and 19 inches.
Also, your skink could be one of the smaller species, possibly a Tanimbar, and never have a chance of getting as long as a Merauke
Re: Is my Blue Tongue Sking Full Grown
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:34 am
by mzelinger
Ok, great. Thanks for the info!!! How long does it take for a BTS to be fully grown?
Re: Is my Blue Tongue Sking Full Grown
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:47 am
by Dakota
IME about 1.5-2 years or so. After my Meraukes hit a year old, they only grew 3-4 more inches after that. But this depends solely on the amount of food the skink receives during adolescence. More food = more growth, which reduces the age of sexual maturity.
Re: Is my Blue Tongue Sking Full Grown
Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:37 am
by mzelinger
Thanks Dakota!!
I feed it every 3-4 days now and it eats until full and stops. Very regular. Think I should still be feeding more often? It used to be regularly fed every other day. I was hoping it would grow to be as big as the one in the shop we bought it from, but I don't think it will come close. We love it anyway, don't get me wrong though. Thanks, Mike