Page 1 of 1

More from Cheese! (Pictures)

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:50 am
by lyxaar
Cheese seems to have settled in well! Doing all the typical lizard things, exploring, eating, hiding, basking, huffing :D

Does anyone have any extra tips on taming blueys? So far I've been letting him eat off my fingers and handing him fruit, otherwise I've been leaving him to do what he wants cause no matter how much I wanna snuggle him I'd rather get him to trust me first! :P

Here's some picture updates:

Image

Image

Image

He also had a vicious battle with a blackberry (videos):

https://fbcdn-video-h-a.akamaihd.net/hvideo-ak-xpf1/v/t42.1790-2/10639988_10202679821025755_1026967203_n.mp4?oh=828db39e2910c69152fabaec9cc531dc&oe=542EAF88&__gda__=1412346389_b5e8e304588c5228bc10ef2c25cf8f5c

https://fbcdn-video-i-a.akamaihd.net/hvideo-ak-xaf1/v/t42.1790-2/10695579_10202679851266511_1477216557_n.mp4?oh=69bc55ac667c849bd59b9c8841b5879a&oe=542EB0F3&__gda__=1412342554_2cba4901838ddf6a326a8e1ad0006e05

Re: More from Cheese! (Pictures)

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:55 am
by MechHAN
Is that a chip can?

Re: More from Cheese! (Pictures)

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:56 am
by jdheff1982
MechHAN wrote:Is that a chip can?


Sure looks like a Pringles can to me, LOL! Gotta pop that top, lol!

:lol:

Re: More from Cheese! (Pictures)

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:13 am
by lyxaar
MechHAN wrote:Is that a chip can?


What can I say? It's the perfect size for him! :lol:

Re: More from Cheese! (Pictures)

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:33 pm
by Sarikazam
Cheese is a cutie! It's good to see he is settling in well :D

As for taming, my advice would be to keep doing what you are doing. Food is a great way to build up trust with your bluey. Depending on where your terrarium is located you can try leaving the door open (under close supervision of course) and letting him come out to visit you. My Merauke's terrarium is on the floor and I used to sit by the door until he was curious enough to come out to explore. Reenforcing good behavior with treats always helps too.

I am not sure if you have seen this already, but Fatal_S made a great post some time ago about taming your skink.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=20375

Good luck with Cheese!

Re: More from Cheese! (Pictures)

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:18 pm
by lyxaar
Sarikazam wrote:Cheese is a cutie! It's good to see he is settling in well :D

As for taming, my advice would be to keep doing what you are doing. Food is a great way to build up trust with your bluey. Depending on where your terrarium is located you can try leaving the door open (under close supervision of course) and letting him come out to visit you. My Merauke's terrarium is on the floor and I used to sit by the door until he was curious enough to come out to explore. Reenforcing good behavior with treats always helps too.

I am not sure if you have seen this already, but Fatal_S made a great post some time ago about taming your skink.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=20375

Good luck with Cheese!


Okay, I'll keep it up! The issue with letting him just come out is a) theres a sudden at least 3 foot drop at the tank enterance and b) it's at the other side of the room! Tbh I tend to go over to him and interact with him if I notice him staring at me from the glass. Reenforcing good behavour seems like a great idea, I'll have to have a go at it.

I haven't seen that yet no, but it's helpful thank you for linking it to me!

Thanks ^^