Page 1 of 1

My Bluey just wet all over me ?

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:46 am
by teddibee
So i am in the process of getting to know my new blue tongues, Merlin is 3 years old and a bit shy, and very over weight so I have been paying lots of attention to getting him moving and introducing myself as well. Just sitting by his viv, changing his water leaving my hand in the tank and every day for a short time taking him out feeding him a cricket of locust on the floor of viv room them putting him back. He has slowly been getting betting. However i took him out yesterday and just before putting him back my dog rushed at the rep room door and barked (he was telling me there was someone at the door) but this scared Merlin and he climbed up my arm and hid under my hair and the same time it appeared like he wet himself. It was a fair bit all over my top and the floor.
Has this happened to others ? I have owned lots of exoctics so have been wet and pooped on before but I didnt expect this to happen with skinks..? (something i have not read about in any care sheet.................

I havent got him out today and fed him inside the viv and started again with sitting by him.

Re: My Bluey just wet all over me ?

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:12 pm
by Carnivale
Seems pretty normal, from my own very limited experience. My girl has peed on me a couple times, and the amount of pee is a lot, even for a baby. I've heard peeing/pooping can be a defensive mechanism, but it could also easily have just been that your skink needed to pee already and your dog just had bad timing.

Either way, BTS will pee/poop on you sometimes, and I wouldn't say it should cause you worry, other than getting your clothes in the wash. :lol:

Re: My Bluey just wet all over me ?

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:37 pm
by teddibee
LOL dirty clothes are a regular hazard i accept with my animals and believe it or not the worst is one of my smallest, a pymgy hedgehog she can poop for England !! lol and often does all over me......

Not one of my retiles has done this before so must just have been lucky, i always asumed as the poop and wee normaly come out as solids it didnt have the capabilities to soak me. So something else i have learnt ......all experience ....

Re: My Bluey just wet all over me ?

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:29 am
by Haley
My baby has somehow learned to only defecate outside of his tank. If I am not careful to let him go on a towel before I handle him he will crawl up my shoulder and do it there instead.

From what I have seen they do urinate and defecate a lot for their size!