Page 1 of 1

Basking Rock

Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:38 pm
by spencerb
Hey guys, My bts Artie is 11 months now and he needs a much bigger basking rock. I was wondering if anybody knows of a companies or people that make good basking rocks. I wanna get him something nice because his birthday is September 12th too so its a birthday gift as well :D . I wanna get something good so price isnt my biggest concern but not that outrageous.

Thanks guys!

Re: Basking Rock

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:29 am
by SensualTheRogue
I wouldnt waste my money on a basking rock, pet stores charge way too much for the, just go to your local hardware store and get a tile, make sure its not shiny

Re: Basking Rock

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:38 am
by jdheff1982
SensualTheRogue wrote:I wouldnt waste my money on a basking rock, pet stores charge way too much for the, just go to your local hardware store and get a tile, make sure its not shiny


More specifically, look for slate tiling. I use it for my basking site. Holds heat well and aids in keeping toenails filed down. Places like Lowes will cut the slate tiling for you; however, you gotta buy the whole tile though.

Re: Basking Rock

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:51 am
by MechHAN
a big up side down china bowl will do I think...I made a card board platform for basking,the tile I used hurt the head scale(Yig always want to push it arond)...

Re: Basking Rock

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:24 pm
by Noah H.
If you're the kind of person that likes to camp or hike, that is a great way to find large, natural rocks for basking spots. I found a neat rock on a camping trip in Arkansas, and it was fairly easy to clean and sterilize. My bluey loves it!