Page 1 of 1

What do you think of this tank?

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:02 pm
by Jesscookie
Hi! I uh, never owned a reptile before, but I have been reading a lot of stuff on this site and so I joined the forum somewhat recently. I have been planning to get a skink for a while, but the only thing I've bought so far is a tempgun (had a blast measuring surface temperatures of random objects in the house, though). So I checked out a nearby pet store for supplies, and saw a nice-looking tank for what seems like not a bad price (I think around $280 CAD).
Image
It's 47"Wx20"Dx24"H, plastic, has sliding doors, a mesh top, and a little lip for substrate. It's some Chinese brand called Atasuki.
Image
As you can see, it also has this long metal vent on the front just below the doors. I'm not sure if that part's really necessary, but what do you guys think? Its depth is 4" short of what I wanted for floor space, but I guess it's okay?

Re: What do you think of this tank?

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:59 pm
by Bird_Brain
Looks nice! I'd have no issues using it for a skink.

Re: What do you think of this tank?

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:23 pm
by Carnivale
Looks awesome to me! Bigger than my enclosure by a few inches, and mine is what I typically see being advertised as acceptable dimensions. So you should be fine!

Re: What do you think of this tank?

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:12 am
by Romeyrider
I really like it!

Re: What do you think of this tank?

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:25 am
by Haley
Looks good to me! The front opening doors would be best for a skink. :D

Re: What do you think of this tank?

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:00 am
by Dood
I have a few small plastic tanks, you just need to be cautions in washing it as it scratches easier and positioning of the heat source to avoid warping of the plastic.

Re: What do you think of this tank?

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:36 pm
by Haley
I just though of something today after looking on Kijiji.

I would check your local classifieds. I have seen many gorgeous large tanks go for amazing prices! As long as you clean them really well it would be a great option as well.