Page 1 of 1

Temps and humidity ok? Added some info i forgot, sorry.

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:42 pm
by NorthEastBlue
34w super saver bulb.

I'm an idiot and just realized i didnt post the basking spot temp. With the 34w super saver bulb(regular lamp bulb) basking spot temp was about 94*, and cool end was about 80* with 50 humidity.

I also tried tried a regular 40w bulb and basking was about 100* with cool end at about 82*. Same 50 humidity.

Is the way I'm measuring temps ok? Do you think its accurate?

Should I use the 40w bulb and add vents to lower the cool end?

CAM00187.jpg


Cool end.

CAM00188.jpg


I tried a 50w halogen flood lamp, but ended up with a 105 basking spot and a 85 cool end.

This is for a baby northern.

Thanks
Jeremy

Re: Temps and humidity ok?

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:44 pm
by NorthEastBlue
And im sorry, im still trying to figure out why my pictures keep turning sideways

Re: Temps and humidity ok?

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:45 pm
by NorthEastBlue
Sorry i forgot some crucial information when I posted , temps!!!

Haha
I'm an idiot

Jeremy.

Re: Temps and humidity ok? Added some info i forgot, sorry.

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:29 pm
by NorthEastBlue
So .....just wondering if my temps are good?

Re: Temps and humidity ok? Added some info i forgot, sorry.

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:56 pm
by Fatal_S
I would aim for the 100* option, as that gives it some wiggle-room if the room temperature fluctuates. So the 40W bulb seems like a good option for you.

That said, I'm not sure how accurate your thermometer is. Look into getting a temperature gun for more accurate readings.