2014 Evita x Wasp Babies

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

2014 Evita x Wasp Babies

Postby Fatal_S » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:13 pm

On July 7, 2014, Evita gave birth to 13 adorable babies. The father of this litter is Wasp (his babies will be given W-names this year).

If you've been keeping up, you'll notice that my recent photoshoot was on the 7th. She started popping the babies out right after having her photos taken :D It made for a great day here.

Here's some photos of the new additions:
1)
Image
Image

2)
Image
Image

3)
Image
Image

4)
Image
Image

5)
Image
Image

6)
Image
Image

7)
Image
Image

8)
Image
Image

9)
Image
Image

10) (Nothing wrong with back, just sitting weird in photo)
Image
Image

11)
Image
Image

12)
Image
Image

13)
Image
Image

Baby 13 is the runt of the litter, and has a few issues. The first is that his umbilical hasn't come off yet (not a big deal), but the second is that his head is slightly deformed:
Image
Image
I wasn't sure how he'd hold up, but since he seemed otherwise normal I've been treating him normally - so far he's just like any of the other babies :) I'm still keeping a closer eye on him, but he's eating great, so I'm optimistic for his chances. His tongue sticks out one side - it's pretty cute to watch him explore and flick it around.
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Re: 2014 Evita x Wasp Babies

Postby Fatal_S » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:19 pm

Sorry, had to fix the photos, all good now.
Bluish
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:28 am
Country:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: 2014 Evita x Wasp Babies

Postby Bluish » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:02 am

Congrats Mel!! :spot:
That's a good size litter. Eating already? What are you feeding them?
Dom

2.6 Meraukes
User avatar
DianaBlueTongue
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:59 am
Country:
Location: Rowland PA

Re: 2014 Evita x Wasp Babies

Postby DianaBlueTongue » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:12 am

LOVE these guys! Beautiful litter, huge congrats! I LOVE LOVE number 5 and 7!
Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.

Buddha
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Re: 2014 Evita x Wasp Babies

Postby Coomassie » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:20 am

They look great Mel! Is it just me, or are there more than the normal number of deformities this year? I feel like I've talked to a ton of breeders (not just BTS) and it is a really weird year.
Cay T.
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Re: 2014 Evita x Wasp Babies

Postby StaceyLeigh » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:12 am

All so beautiful! I love seeing your babies, I love the stunning contrasts, darker tops with light sides! #7 is my favorite :love:
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Re: 2014 Evita x Wasp Babies

Postby Fatal_S » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:28 am

Thanks muchly :) I haven't really looked at them enough to have a favourite (I don't want to fall in love with any :lol: ). Though I did notice how shiny and pretty number 2 is...

Bluish, they've had 3 meals so far. Day 1 (on birthday) they had some plain scrambled egg (always my first meal). Day 2 they had some liver mixed with butternut squash (it's what I was feeding the adults). Day 3 they didn't get food. Day 4 they had Pedigree dog food (this is what's on those forks).

Coomassie, I've had one or two deformed/odd babies each year so far, though I admit this guy is the most obviously borked I've had. Other years I've had a couple babies born extremely weak to the point they didn't survive the first day or two. So I can't say that there's more deformities this year - I'm about on par (so far, 2 more litters possible).
User avatar
Ophidiophile
The Rock'n Roll Science Nerd
The Rock'n Roll Science Nerd
Posts: 555
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:49 pm
Country:
Location: Rocky Mountain High, Colorado USA
Contact:

Re: 2014 Evita x Wasp Babies

Postby Ophidiophile » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:51 am

They look great - congrats!
David P. Tracer
Ophidiophile Farms
http://www.ophidiophile.com
Ophidiophiles are Snake Lovers!

2.4 Northern BTS
2.2 Eastern BTS
2.0.6 Tanimbar BTS
0.1 Irian Jaya BTS
1.1 Blotched BTS
3.2 Indonesian BTS
6.7 Merauke BTS
4.5.8 Kei Island BTS
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: 2014 Evita x Wasp Babies

Postby Jeff » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:34 pm

They look great. I have to admit though , when I first looked at the pictures on my phone with my old eyes, a number of the pictures looked like one skink had eaten the head off of another skink. I was relieved when I looked on the computer and saw that you are just a weirdo that feeds your babies with a fork.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Re: 2014 Evita x Wasp Babies

Postby Fatal_S » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:39 pm

:rofl:
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: 2014 Evita x Wasp Babies

Postby Richard.C » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:29 am

:lol: jeff

I must say,looking on fone with my not qiite as old as jeffs eyes i thoight shadow of first pic one was a baby gecko or something,closer look revealed the lil northern ,and its shadow

I love seeing baby pics at this time of year
User avatar
JoshChimera
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1099
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:50 pm
Country:
Location: the Bay Area CA USA

Re: 2014 Evita x Wasp Babies

Postby JoshChimera » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:40 pm

How is number 13 the runt doing?
1.0.0 Tanimbar Island Blue Tongue Skink T. scincoides chimaerea Silver Phase
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty Rat snake
0.1.0 Variable King snake
1.0.1 Emerald swift (captive born)
1.2.0 Jeweled Eyed Lacerta
1.0.0 Western Hognose snake
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Re: 2014 Evita x Wasp Babies

Postby Fatal_S » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:06 am

The runt (named Wade as of today), is doing okay so far. He's still very small and I've yet to be able to remove the gunk from his eye, but he is eating (small amounts), and pooping, and threatening me when I open the bin, so he's being quite normal. The rest of the litter is just starting their first sheds, and are 18-29g on empty.
User avatar
JoshChimera
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1099
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:50 pm
Country:
Location: the Bay Area CA USA

Re: 2014 Evita x Wasp Babies

Postby JoshChimera » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:07 am

Nice to hear Mel. Threatening you. :)
1.0.0 Tanimbar Island Blue Tongue Skink T. scincoides chimaerea Silver Phase
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty Rat snake
0.1.0 Variable King snake
1.0.1 Emerald swift (captive born)
1.2.0 Jeweled Eyed Lacerta
1.0.0 Western Hognose snake
User avatar
Pink T. Monkey
Love is Blue
Love is Blue
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:44 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario

Re: 2014 Evita x Wasp Babies

Postby Pink T. Monkey » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:29 am

Beautiful babies Mel!!!, as usual! Congrats!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 209 guests