Page 1 of 1
ID please...
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:57 pm
by DianaBlueTongue
Posting for a friend. What kind of bts would you say this is? First pic in natural sunlight, second indoors.
Re: ID please...
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:38 pm
by Noah H.
It appears to be an Eastern to me. I could be wrong though.
Re: ID please...
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:37 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
Looks like a Northern(Tiliqua scincoides intermedia).
Re: ID please...
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:23 pm
by Zalder
It's gotta be a scincoides, my money would be on northern. Like xxmonitorlizardxx said.
Re: ID please...
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:07 pm
by Richard.C
Looks a tad big for that rack system,lol
Looks odd to me,rail to long looking for an eastern,patterning is a bit off for a northern,though it does have a northern look to it,then the two neck stripes look odd,im leaning northern/ij hybrid on this one
Re: ID please...
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:08 pm
by Richard.C
Oops excuse my scooby doo voice,tail looks to long,not rail,lol
Re: ID please...
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:59 pm
by Susann
Richard.C wrote:rail to long
Richard.C wrote:Oops excuse my scooby doo voice,tail looks to long,not rail,lol
My uneducated eye says Northern.
Re: ID please...
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:13 pm
by Jbolar
gonna go with richard,
hybrid of some sort,
northern x IJ, long body/tail, northern patterns slightly,
Re: ID please...
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:26 pm
by donkeybuff
If I hadn't seen any other opinions I would have said pure northern, but I would take Richard's answer since he has tons of experience.
Re: ID please...
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:51 am
by DianaBlueTongue
first time I saw her I thought northern too but then started to think an irian jaya cross. thanks everyone, ill let the owner know what was suggested
Re: ID please...
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:37 pm
by El Lobo
Is that drawer and rack the skinks normal home?
Re: ID please...
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:54 am
by mark_w
Well, before reading the other replies I thought Northern x IJ hybrid. The fact that Richard thinks the same hasn't put me off...
Re: ID please...
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:54 am
by jdheff1982
It definitely says Northern on the sides; however, the black banding isn't consistent and the eye shadow isn't a trait for Northerns (at least not with mine). I'd have to agree that this is some sort of Northern hybrid.
I am also curious if the rack enclosure is the skinks home.
Re: ID please...
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:35 pm
by DianaBlueTongue
no, as far as I know the drawer isn't the skinks home, he was just using it to take the picture
Re: ID please...
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:54 pm
by Richard.C
He said its in tub whilst he was cleaning its cage,quite a few northerns have the eye shadowing,photos often make it look more distinctive to