Is he "happy"?
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:55 am
Hi everyone,
I have an approximately 6 y/o BTS that I've had for about 2 years. I'm just wondering.. how do I know that I'm doing what's best for him? He is very territorial of his tank, and dislikes being handled. He attacks his water dish every time I give him fresh water (so far, I've been lucky to avoid getting myself bitten).. And.. well.. other than that, he doesn't "do" much. He's in a 75 gallon Tetra-Fauna terrarium with a 150W Halogen and a UVB150.. He gets fed every 3-4 days (canned dog food and greens, occasional banana) and he's usually on coconut chip substrate.
Anyway.. how do you guys tell if your reptiles are content? That they would act the exact same way in another home..?
I have an approximately 6 y/o BTS that I've had for about 2 years. I'm just wondering.. how do I know that I'm doing what's best for him? He is very territorial of his tank, and dislikes being handled. He attacks his water dish every time I give him fresh water (so far, I've been lucky to avoid getting myself bitten).. And.. well.. other than that, he doesn't "do" much. He's in a 75 gallon Tetra-Fauna terrarium with a 150W Halogen and a UVB150.. He gets fed every 3-4 days (canned dog food and greens, occasional banana) and he's usually on coconut chip substrate.
Anyway.. how do you guys tell if your reptiles are content? That they would act the exact same way in another home..?