ps. now I see why Dakota is so gaa gaa over his Riley and Maxx. Just love um
Bert and Ernie the Halmaheras SO PRETTY!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- DianaBlueTongue
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 656
- Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:59 am
- Country:
- Location: Rowland PA
Bert and Ernie the Halmaheras SO PRETTY!
Ernie, the orange one, and Bert, the pale tiger striped one, got a little outside time today after having a couple days to settle it. Such curious little buggers. Very little huffing and puffing if at all, no flattening or hissing or open mouth displays. Both just cruised actively and alertly around tasting things and seemingly enjoying a little sunlight. Bert even stopped once to stretch out and close his eyes to bask for a few minutes before continuing on his little adventure. I'm not a huge fan of the indo sub species, more partial to the Aussie ones, but Halmahera's have definitely become one of my favorite bts. These two are so gorgeous and so unique to each other. They're still sloughing off the last few head scales from, im assuming, was their first sheds so these colors are fresh out of first shed.

ps. now I see why Dakota is so gaa gaa over his Riley and Maxx. Just love um
ps. now I see why Dakota is so gaa gaa over his Riley and Maxx. Just love um
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Buddha
Buddha
-
Roarschak11
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 310
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:42 am
- Country:
- Location: Nebraska US
Re: Bert and Ernie the Halmaheras SO PRETTY!
They are both so lovely
I love Halamehras sooooo much! They are such lovely looking little dudes! I hope they bring you as much happiness as mine has!
- KayHerp
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 71
- Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:56 am
- Country:
- Location: AB, Canada
-
Romeyrider
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 148
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 5:00 am
- Country:
- Location: California, USA
Re: Bert and Ernie the Halmaheras SO PRETTY!
I had a Halamera as my first skink but she passed away unfortunately. I have to say the only thing that I didn't like about her was the lack of a very blue tongue. I guess (and by seeing you photos too) Halameras don't have very blue tongues. They are pretty though, despite the light blue tongue!
- Dakota
- Snail Hunter

- Posts: 5212
- Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
- Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
- Country: US
Re: Bert and Ernie the Halmaheras SO PRETTY!
From what I have noticed, the very tip is actually a darker blue-purple-ish color, but the gradient from this color to white-pink is very noticeable and bold. Seems to be consistent with this form of gigas (although most of gigas gigas have this) -- but not an absolute rule.
I love their mostly pink-tongues. I personally think everything about Halmaheras is admirable. But that may be a little bias...
ETA: Sorry about your Halm passing away.
I love their mostly pink-tongues. I personally think everything about Halmaheras is admirable. But that may be a little bias...
ETA: Sorry about your Halm passing away.
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 307 guests
