Page 1 of 1
Food Question
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:19 am
by AquaaAllure
So I currently do not have a bluey yet but I'm getting ready. When thinking about it, no bluey can eat a full dog food can in one meal. So people say to freeze it, but how long can it be frozen? Also, if it has veggies doesn't that take out the vitamins from the veggies? I know this is a dumb question :l
Re: Food Question
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:34 am
by MechHAN
no,it isn't a dumb question...It's kind of important...I used use dog food and thought about the same question...I kept the food in fridge for less than one week and it‘s safe,but I'm not sure about vitamins...
Re: Food Question
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:08 pm
by Firebird
I was worried about the same thing, but I went to the local pet store the other day to see what they had to offer and found that they sell tiny cans of Merrick dog food for little dogs. It wont be eaten all in one go, but its less likely to go bad. But now I am wondering what to do with snails. I'm getting a can of snails and it says that it lasts one week after being opened, but I doubt that they will all be eaten in one week :/ can they also be frozen?
Re: Food Question
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:46 pm
by MechHAN
Firebird wrote:I was worried about the same thing, but I went to the local pet store the other day to see what they had to offer and found that they sell tiny cans of Merrick dog food for little dogs. It wont be eaten all in one go, but its less likely to go bad. But now I am wondering what to do with snails. I'm getting a can of snails and it says that it lasts one week after being opened, but I doubt that they will all be eaten in one week :/ can they also be frozen?
about snails...I been use it as main protein source,but I didn't use caned snails,I use the frozen snail for French baked snail...they can last for at least for a month in fridge...
Re: Food Question
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:54 pm
by Firebird
MechHAN wrote: about snails...I been use it as main protein source,but I didn't use caned snails,I use the frozen snail for French baked snail...they can last for at least for a month in fridge...
thats an excellent idea! but im not sure stores around here carry any of those. is that something you can order online?
Re: Food Question
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:43 pm
by MechHAN
Firebird wrote:thats an excellent idea! but im not sure stores around here carry any of those. is that something you can order online?
that‘s what I did...I think you can find some online...
Re: Food Question
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:47 pm
by donkeybuff
Firebird wrote:MechHAN wrote: about snails...I been use it as main protein source,but I didn't use caned snails,I use the frozen snail for French baked snail...they can last for at least for a month in fridge...
thats an excellent idea! but im not sure stores around here carry any of those. is that something you can order online?
If you can find an Asian store in your area they usually sell them.
Re: Food Question
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:25 pm
by Richard.C
in australia they sell pedigree in tiny sachets for rat sized dogs,u buy a box of sachets,ive never frozen dogfood so not sure how that goes but should be fine,i find it easier to own a few blueys so a whole can is devoured each time,lol
Re: Food Question
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:51 am
by AquaaAllure
Okayyy (: and I 'll just put the veggies in for each meal. Thanks. Now I can finally put everything together!