Food Question
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
AquaaAllure
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 80
- Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:52 pm
- Country:
- Location: New Jersey, US
Food Question
So I currently do not have a bluey yet but I'm getting ready. When thinking about it, no bluey can eat a full dog food can in one meal. So people say to freeze it, but how long can it be frozen? Also, if it has veggies doesn't that take out the vitamins from the veggies? I know this is a dumb question :l
Yesterday was history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift that's why it's called the present.
- MechHAN
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 175
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 10:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: China
Re: Food Question
no,it isn't a dumb question...It's kind of important...I used use dog food and thought about the same question...I kept the food in fridge for less than one week and it‘s safe,but I'm not sure about vitamins...
-
Firebird
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 32
- Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: United States
Re: Food Question
I was worried about the same thing, but I went to the local pet store the other day to see what they had to offer and found that they sell tiny cans of Merrick dog food for little dogs. It wont be eaten all in one go, but its less likely to go bad. But now I am wondering what to do with snails. I'm getting a can of snails and it says that it lasts one week after being opened, but I doubt that they will all be eaten in one week :/ can they also be frozen?
- MechHAN
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 175
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 10:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: China
Re: Food Question
Firebird wrote:I was worried about the same thing, but I went to the local pet store the other day to see what they had to offer and found that they sell tiny cans of Merrick dog food for little dogs. It wont be eaten all in one go, but its less likely to go bad. But now I am wondering what to do with snails. I'm getting a can of snails and it says that it lasts one week after being opened, but I doubt that they will all be eaten in one week :/ can they also be frozen?
about snails...I been use it as main protein source,but I didn't use caned snails,I use the frozen snail for French baked snail...they can last for at least for a month in fridge...
-
Firebird
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 32
- Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: United States
Re: Food Question
MechHAN wrote: about snails...I been use it as main protein source,but I didn't use caned snails,I use the frozen snail for French baked snail...they can last for at least for a month in fridge...
thats an excellent idea! but im not sure stores around here carry any of those. is that something you can order online?
- MechHAN
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 175
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 10:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: China
Re: Food Question
Firebird wrote:thats an excellent idea! but im not sure stores around here carry any of those. is that something you can order online?
that‘s what I did...I think you can find some online...
- donkeybuff
- Coffee Connoisseur

- Posts: 1592
- Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:56 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: California
Re: Food Question
Firebird wrote:MechHAN wrote: about snails...I been use it as main protein source,but I didn't use caned snails,I use the frozen snail for French baked snail...they can last for at least for a month in fridge...
thats an excellent idea! but im not sure stores around here carry any of those. is that something you can order online?
If you can find an Asian store in your area they usually sell them.
Sachin
1.0 Indonesian
1.0 Northern
1.0 Indonesian
1.0 Northern
- Richard.C
- Kimberley Klan

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
- Country:
- Location: melbourne australia
Re: Food Question
in australia they sell pedigree in tiny sachets for rat sized dogs,u buy a box of sachets,ive never frozen dogfood so not sure how that goes but should be fine,i find it easier to own a few blueys so a whole can is devoured each time,lol
-
AquaaAllure
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 80
- Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:52 pm
- Country:
- Location: New Jersey, US
Re: Food Question
Okayyy (: and I 'll just put the veggies in for each meal. Thanks. Now I can finally put everything together!
Yesterday was history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift that's why it's called the present.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 208 guests
