Page 1 of 1
Happy (Merauke) Mother's Day
Posted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:49 pm
by Ophidiophile
Today in the US is Mother's Day. Since Susann is the 'Merauke Mama', in celebration of Mother's Day, I thought I'd post photos of the 4 Meraukes I got from her last year. The photos were all taken today (11 May 2014) indoors without flash. These beauties are all the products of Maddie x JJ, the same pairing that already produced the babies this year that are now up for sale (no Susann didn't pay me off to say that, I swear!)

Birth date on mine is 21 May 2013 so they all turn 1 year old ten days from now. They are all in the 22"-23" inch range and between 550-650 g. I believe they turned out to be 1.3 with Dakota being the only male (but I actually haven't found sperm plugs in ANY of their cages, so we'll see...)
Ok, here we go:
Austin
Austin.jpg
Dakota
Dakota.jpg
Kentucky
Kentucky.jpg
Rio
Rio.jpg
Happy Mother's Day to ALL the skink mamas on BTS.net!
Re: Happy (Merauke) Mother's Day
Posted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:10 pm
by Susann
Right after this iPhone, that's the best present I've gotten today!
I know they came from me but, WOW!
Re: Happy (Merauke) Mother's Day
Posted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:49 am
by Roarschak11
Rio was and is such a beautiful little Merauke! I would kill to have that little guy!
Re: Happy (Merauke) Mother's Day
Posted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:51 pm
by Ophidiophile
Roarschak11 wrote:Rio was and is such a beautiful little Merauke!
Thanks. The interesting thing about Rio other than just the beautiful dorsal coloring is how it stops so abruptly laterally. My other 5 Meraukes, including Rio's 3 siblings but 2 others as well, all fade progressively from their peak coloration on their backs to their sides, but Rio just goes from deep orange/red to white very abruptly. It's really striking in person.
Re: Happy (Merauke) Mother's Day
Posted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:07 pm
by Richard.C
They all look great,number 2 must have been a pest as a juvie to wind up with that name,lol
Re: Happy (Merauke) Mother's Day
Posted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:16 pm
by Roarschak11
Ophidiophile wrote:Roarschak11 wrote: The interesting thing about Rio other than just the beautiful dorsal coloring is how it stops so abruptly laterally.
I didn't notice that until you mentioned it! That's gorgeous! Would you consider breeding him/her?
Re: Happy (Merauke) Mother's Day
Posted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:22 pm
by Ophidiophile
Richard.C wrote:They all look great,number 2 must have been a pest as a juvie to wind up with that name,lol
Hahaha. Ask Susann, she named him...

Re: Happy (Merauke) Mother's Day
Posted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:23 pm
by Ophidiophile
Roarschak11 wrote:I didn't notice that until you mentioned it! That's gorgeous! Would you consider breeding him/her?
That's the definite goal!