Blue tounge Blizzard has done the acrobatic manouver out of her habitate is now roaming free in my two rooms as i live in a studio apartment do you think i can find her anywhere nopes, waiting to hear something shuffling around =S gutterd as :( blue tounge blizzard escapes
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- inksouljah
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 16
- Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:49 am
- Country:
- Location: New Zealand
:( blue tounge blizzard escapes
Blue tounge Blizzard has done the acrobatic manouver out of her habitate is now roaming free in my two rooms as i live in a studio apartment do you think i can find her anywhere nopes, waiting to hear something shuffling around =S gutterd as - Coomassie
- The Inked Chemist

- Posts: 1826
- Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
- Country:
- Location: Newark, DE
Re: :( blue tounge blizzard escapes
Put out food. That usually brings them out of hiding. You can also create a basking spot in the middle of the floor. I know Coomassie basks as soon as his light comes on at 6 AM. So, if he ever got out, I would set up a basking spot and watch it during his normal basking time. You can also put lines of flour down in door ways to see if he is going from one room to another.
Cay T.
-
Teacup
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 270
- Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:01 am
- Country:
- Location: Akron, OH
Re: :( blue tounge blizzard escapes
Coomassie wrote:Put out food. That usually brings them out of hiding. You can also create a basking spot in the middle of the floor. I know Coomassie basks as soon as his light comes on at 6 AM. So, if he ever got out, I would set up a basking spot and watch it during his normal basking time. You can also put lines of flour down in door ways to see if he is going from one room to another.
This is excellent advice! Food and a basking spot should lure him out. Also try looking in small, enclosed areas; under furniture, under cushions on the furniture, back of cupboards, closets, etc.
0.0.2 Merauke BTS
1.0.0 Russian Tortoise
1.0.0 Cagles Map Turtle
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko
0.1.0 Ball python
1.0.0 Western Hognose
1.1.0 Jungle Carpet Python
Always in my heart: Speckles the RT boa; Darwin our blue tegu; Squishy my bearded dragon.
1.0.0 Russian Tortoise
1.0.0 Cagles Map Turtle
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko
0.1.0 Ball python
1.0.0 Western Hognose
1.1.0 Jungle Carpet Python
Always in my heart: Speckles the RT boa; Darwin our blue tegu; Squishy my bearded dragon.
- Logancrook
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 222
- Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:05 pm
- Country:
- Location: Maryland, USA
Re: :( blue tounge blizzard escapes
Great advice! Hope you find Blizzard quickly! I would put her cage on the ground too, maybe she will crawl back in when she notices that it is something familiar. i guess that would only work though if you have a cage that opens in the front.
- inksouljah
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 16
- Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:49 am
- Country:
- Location: New Zealand
Re: :( blue tounge blizzard escapes
shes back
12pm out she pops lol wanting to bask woop woop woop stoked, alil story today tho after that I decided to take her on amission with me as she just chills out on my arm, some people don't even notices shes their lol I went to mitre 10 to get some bits an pieces for her new enclosure, this lady that worked the yelled at me to get out!! get out now your not allowed that animal leave now!! im like ehhhhhh im thinking don't you be talking to me like a present!! talk to me nicely, she was marching behind me like I was some criminal I said I just get that piece their an an il go I got the no no out now
poor blizzard was getting abit stressed with her voice =B I thought this was new Zealand im in 
12pm out she pops lol wanting to bask woop woop woop stoked, alil story today tho after that I decided to take her on amission with me as she just chills out on my arm, some people don't even notices shes their lol I went to mitre 10 to get some bits an pieces for her new enclosure, this lady that worked the yelled at me to get out!! get out now your not allowed that animal leave now!! im like ehhhhhh im thinking don't you be talking to me like a present!! talk to me nicely, she was marching behind me like I was some criminal I said I just get that piece their an an il go I got the no no out now - mywave
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 31
- Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 3:19 pm
- Country: NZ
Re: :( blue tounge blizzard escapes
Hey inksouljah stoked to see another Kiwi on the boards!
Awesome to scroll down to see ya found Blizzard!,
Charlie did a Houdini last month as well, he was on the prowl for a Mrs blue tongue, and some how managed to escape from his enclosure and traverse 2 stories of my flat!
He musta faced off the apex predator Peech my elderly cat because the cat seemed to be suffering from PTS for around 2 weeks after their encounter lol.
He then made a home in the spare room!
Took a few hours to find him! I was really really worried when I was searching though :/ So I know how you would have felt!
I had to make some serious changes to his enclosure (a supposedly purpose built Terrarium by Reptile One) to prevent further escapes, hes locked in for good now, except when I let him out to play, he always climbs the stairs and goes back to that same room, hes sure a Mrs Blueys hiding in there lol
Awesome to scroll down to see ya found Blizzard!,
Charlie did a Houdini last month as well, he was on the prowl for a Mrs blue tongue, and some how managed to escape from his enclosure and traverse 2 stories of my flat!
He musta faced off the apex predator Peech my elderly cat because the cat seemed to be suffering from PTS for around 2 weeks after their encounter lol.
He then made a home in the spare room!
Took a few hours to find him! I was really really worried when I was searching though :/ So I know how you would have felt!
I had to make some serious changes to his enclosure (a supposedly purpose built Terrarium by Reptile One) to prevent further escapes, hes locked in for good now, except when I let him out to play, he always climbs the stairs and goes back to that same room, hes sure a Mrs Blueys hiding in there lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Susann
- ADMIN

- Posts: 4022
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: Utah
Re: :( blue tounge blizzard escapes
Yeah, not even in America can you walk into stores with a reptile. I only take mine with me when I go places if I will be outside the whole time, and even then I try to make sure I don't get too close to people unless they approach me. Enough people are deathly afraid of reptiles, and the last thing I want to do is cause a commotion from someone turning around and finding a huge lizard right next to them.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
- Tom
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 100
- Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:57 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: Southern-California
Re: :( blue tounge blizzard escapes
I know that we are all supposed to be tolerant and considerate, but I find irrational fears difficult to accommodate. Now if I'm walking around in public with a monocled cobra, then screaming and shouting and throwing a fit would be sensible and to be expected. But walking around with a small, calm, harmless lizard or a mild mannered non-venemous king snake, there is just no reason for anyone to freak out.
I just don't understand the mass ignorance that so many members of OUR species demonstrate.
Glad you found your lizard. Hope those cage improvements happen soon.
I just don't understand the mass ignorance that so many members of OUR species demonstrate.
Glad you found your lizard. Hope those cage improvements happen soon.
3.0.1 Northerns
- inksouljah
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 16
- Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:49 am
- Country:
- Location: New Zealand
Re: :( blue tounge blizzard escapes
hahahaha yea I do take Blizzard out on missions here an their just to stimulate her mind an senses , an I know she just locks to me glue if she gets shy shel burying her head into me, an ya really cant see her =B just my arm looks odd lol I did write a email to the store manager about how I felt about the whole situation with her staff member, I felt like a real dick with everyone watching me been told off an marched through the store =S to the exit,
- Susann
- ADMIN

- Posts: 4022
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: Utah
Re: :( blue tounge blizzard escapes
Let us know what the store manager says when you hear back from him. It'll be interesting to hear their take on it.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
- inksouljah
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 16
- Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:49 am
- Country:
- Location: New Zealand
Re: :( blue tounge blizzard escapes
I will =)
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 347 guests
