Hello all!
I've been working a lot during the day so I'm not home a whole lot, so I can't mist my blueys tank as much as I need. Where is the best place to buy a tank mister/humidifier for a 40 gal tank?
Tank misters?
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
Roarschak11
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 310
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:42 am
- Country:
- Location: Nebraska US
- donkeybuff
- Coffee Connoisseur

- Posts: 1592
- Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:56 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: California
Re: Tank misters?
You can buy a Repti Fogger from Zoo Med, or just buy an ultrasonic humidifier and make one yourself. The DIY ones are generally cheaper and more reliable (I made one). Mist Kings are great systems if you're willing to spend a bit more.
What type of bluey is this for? Also, what is the humidity usually at? Unless you're seeing problems, you may not need a mister.
What type of bluey is this for? Also, what is the humidity usually at? Unless you're seeing problems, you may not need a mister.
Sachin
1.0 Indonesian
1.0 Northern
1.0 Indonesian
1.0 Northern
-
Roarschak11
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 310
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:42 am
- Country:
- Location: Nebraska US
Re: Tank misters?
He's an indo (Halamerah) and he has really bad problems with shedding and dryness in general. I would be using the mister over a humid hide box I'm custom making. How would I go about making one on my own?
-
Roarschak11
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 310
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:42 am
- Country:
- Location: Nebraska US
Re: Tank misters?
Making a mister that is.
- donkeybuff
- Coffee Connoisseur

- Posts: 1592
- Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:56 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: California
Re: Tank misters?
You can buy some pvc pipe for next to nothing and attach it to the place where the fog comes out with some silicone or glue. The humidifier itself cost me about 25 bucks at Walgreens.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sachin
1.0 Indonesian
1.0 Northern
1.0 Indonesian
1.0 Northern
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 215 guests
