Page 1 of 1
axanthic or in the blue?
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:19 pm
by kl
What does everyone think?
Re: axanthic or in the blue?
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:21 pm
by Dakota
I say in shed -- his eyes are still normal colored. Look at the belly color. If it were Axanthic it would be just black, not highlighted in subtle blue.. which would indicate he is in shed.
Maxx's belly gets that bluish back color when deep in shed. But when he sheds, it is just normal black.
Re: axanthic or in the blue?
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:31 pm
by Fatal_S
Belly/underside of tail are very milky. Shed imminent.
Re: axanthic or in the blue?
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:33 pm
by Scincoides
I agree completely. Shedding skink. I've seen that animal before
Re: axanthic or in the blue?
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:38 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
Yeah I almost bought this guy but then I saw that it was in shed.
It was obvious when I saw its eyes.
Re: axanthic or in the blue?
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:42 pm
by Ophidiophile
Definitely In the blue.
Keis often get this way (even more than my other BTS, though my Meraukes can get pretty washed out too) when they're going into shed -- Just today, my highest yellow adult female Kei looked like a black and white version of herself.
Re: axanthic or in the blue?
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:03 pm
by Dakota
1500924_1389820181267268_702076473_o.jpeg


Not a Kei, but a good example.