I was wondering because I always have a plentiful supply of shelled/cooked edamame. It's high in fiber and protein, but I can find anything saying that they should or shouldn't be fed to a blue tongue. I would mash them up in his food along with the rest of his foods.
Thanks!
Can blue tongue skinks eat edamame (soy beans)?
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- xStatic
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 17
- Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Montana, US
Can blue tongue skinks eat edamame (soy beans)?
0.0.1 Northern Blue Tongue Skink
1.0.0 Crested Gecko
1.1.0 Corn Snakes
0.1.0 Garter Snake
1.1.0 Rosy Boas
1.0.0 Ball Python
1.0.0 Crested Gecko
1.1.0 Corn Snakes
0.1.0 Garter Snake
1.1.0 Rosy Boas
1.0.0 Ball Python
- Tom
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 100
- Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:57 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: Southern-California
Re: Can blue tongue skinks eat edamame (soy beans)?
I have fed it to mine several times. They are all still alive.
3.0.1 Northerns
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: Can blue tongue skinks eat edamame (soy beans)?
Sure, without added salt they would be a good snack. Edamame never mades it to my blueys though, I always eat it all first! 
- xStatic
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 17
- Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Montana, US
Re: Can blue tongue skinks eat edamame (soy beans)?
Thanks! I'll give him some later this week and see how he likes them 
0.0.1 Northern Blue Tongue Skink
1.0.0 Crested Gecko
1.1.0 Corn Snakes
0.1.0 Garter Snake
1.1.0 Rosy Boas
1.0.0 Ball Python
1.0.0 Crested Gecko
1.1.0 Corn Snakes
0.1.0 Garter Snake
1.1.0 Rosy Boas
1.0.0 Ball Python
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 249 guests
