Page 1 of 1

Intro and pictures

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:46 pm
by jclaiborne
Hey Everyone! I have been lurking around here for a while researching and I finally decided to login and introduce myself. I have had reptiles my entire life, but never a bluey. I had been wanting one for a while, but was having a hard time convincing my wife that we needed one, that is until she saw one in person, as soon as she did she was hooked. Fast forward a few months and we came across a Male IJ for sale and she scooped him up. That being said here he is:

Clyde
Image

Image

Image

Well one just wasn't enough, plus we had an extra enclosure sitting around so she came home with this little one last weekend, I think its a She but am not positive, it looks a little underweight, but she has started eating so hopefully it will start to put on some weight. She has a scab on her head and was a little nippy when we got her home and tried to put her in her enclosure, but has started to settle in nicely. I am not positive on locality, I am thinking Indo, but any input would be greatly appreciated. Accordingly my wife named her Bonnie, obviously the name will need to change if it turns out she is a he. (Also she is in a quarantine enclosure at the moment to make sure there there aren't any mites, she will be getting a nice deep bedding of cypress mulch as well as a proper hide and decorations as soon as we are sure she doesn't have any.

Image

Image

Image

Re: Intro and pictures

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:52 pm
by donkeybuff
Nice IJ! Good luck with your new addition.

Re: Intro and pictures

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:26 am
by Dakota
They are actually both IJ's. :)

Re: Intro and pictures

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:13 am
by jclaiborne
donkeybuff wrote:Nice IJ! Good luck with your new addition.



Thank you! It't hard to restrain from holding her while shes quarantiened, but even in the short week we have had her she has calmed down a lot with just being left alone.

Re: Intro and pictures

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:15 am
by jclaiborne
Dakota wrote:They are actually both IJ's. :)



Really?! That's awesome! I was looking through the pictures on the main page between the different localities and some of them looked too similar for me to tell apart. What are some of the signs that made you determine she was an IJ?

Re: Intro and pictures

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:55 am
by Dakota
Arm color and trident down the neck. :)

Re: Intro and pictures

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:52 am
by jclaiborne
Dakota wrote:Arm color and trident down the neck. :)


Perfect! Thanks again.

Re: Intro and pictures

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:38 pm
by donkeybuff
Typo! I meant to say nice IJs. You have two IJs :)

Re: Intro and pictures

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:00 pm
by jclaiborne
donkeybuff wrote:Typo! I meant to say nice IJs. You have two IJs :)



Thank you! It's so cool that the second one is an IJ as well, the seller wasn't sure so they listed it as Indo. Now it would be really cool if it turned out to acutally be a SHE.

Re: Intro and pictures

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:37 pm
by UroFreak13
You newest looks very similar to a merauke tho, kinda cool