I am starting to get worried. Dulcia has been in brumation for the past month or so. She came out of hiding 3 or 4 days ago. She even ate some food 2 days ago. She has been up and basking for those 3or 4 days but hasn't pooped yet. While in the bathtub last night she expelled some urates but no feces. Should I be worried yet? What should I do?
Here is a picture of the urates. Does it look normal?
The dark brown spot is a scale since Dulcia is shedding.
poop trouble?
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- LeisurelyLioness
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 7
- Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:50 am
- Country:
- Location: United States
poop trouble?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: poop trouble?
What are the temperatures in the enclosure? You shouldn’t offer food unless the temps are warm enough for proper digestion. I wouldn’t worry about that coming out as long as your skink has the proper temperatures for eating food. His/her gut should be empty if he/she has been brumating, so there shouldn’t be anything in there to come out right away. If you just started feeding, it will take a little while before that food works its way through your skink’s system.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
- LeisurelyLioness
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 7
- Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:50 am
- Country:
- Location: United States
Re: poop trouble?
Her temps were in the 95-100 range on the hot side and on the cool side around 73. I upped the temps to her normal range once I saw she was awake for a few days and since I offered food. Thanks, I guess I'm just worrying for no reason then.
- StaceyLeigh
- Northern Love

- Posts: 1576
- Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: CNY
- Contact:
Re: poop trouble?
I have seen mine expel very similar looks things after not eating for a while (coming out of brumation). Your hot side is fine for offering food.
I would love to see new pics of Dulcia
I would love to see new pics of Dulcia
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 194 guests
