Interesting Pattern

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
TokayBlueTongue
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:17 am
Country:
Location: Maryland, USA

Interesting Pattern

Postby TokayBlueTongue » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:17 pm

This is the bts I'm getting which will be my first bts. The breeder had about 5 holdbacks for sale and I chose this one because I looked it up and this pattern isn't that common. So is this a rare pattern or is it just like a human finger print how no 2 are identical? I'm purchasing the skink tomorrow and will have it shipped within the next 3 weeks. Cant wait :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2015 Halmahera Blue tongue skink 0.0.1
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Re: Interesting Pattern

Postby Bird_Brain » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:25 pm

Picture is too small for me to see anything. Not sure if it's just my iPad not opening it up larger or just a small picture to begin with.
Brad
User avatar
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Posts: 5212
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
Country: US

Re: Interesting Pattern

Postby Dakota » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Looks no more different than a classic Northern? :noknow: Perhaps not resize it down to tiny..
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
User avatar
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Posts: 5212
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
Country: US

Re: Interesting Pattern

Postby Dakota » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:30 pm

And the patterns of BTS (of all subspecies) are extremely variable. :)
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
User avatar
donkeybuff
Coffee Connoisseur
Coffee Connoisseur
Posts: 1592
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:56 pm
Country: USA
Location: California

Re: Interesting Pattern

Postby donkeybuff » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:38 pm

There are occasionally twins which I'm fairly sure have the same pattern; Susann's last litter had a pair of twins in it.
Edit: It looks like the twins did not have the same pattern, not sure how that works :noknow:
Sachin
1.0 Indonesian
1.0 Northern
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Interesting Pattern

Postby Katrina » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:46 pm

Bird_Brain wrote:Picture is too small for me to see anything. Not sure if it's just my iPad not opening it up larger or just a small picture to begin with.


It's tiny for me too. It doesn't look unusual from the small picture...
TokayBlueTongue
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:17 am
Country:
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Interesting Pattern

Postby TokayBlueTongue » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:12 pm

Sorry for bad picture, first time uploading an image on this forum. Its just when I was looking on the bts northern blue tongue page they had a pattern that looked like this down as a unique pattern and I was just curious if it was a unique pattern on this individual.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2015 Halmahera Blue tongue skink 0.0.1
User avatar
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Posts: 5212
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
Country: US

Re: Interesting Pattern

Postby Dakota » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:15 pm

I think the yellow comes up further than typical.. but not something I would consider rare. :)

Pretty for a Northern ( :hehe: ..only kidding)
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
TokayBlueTongue
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:17 am
Country:
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Interesting Pattern

Postby TokayBlueTongue » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:19 pm

Darn I really thought it was like I rare pattern with the almost triangle like bands across its back. But I really like how the bands are connected and not zig-zag like most of the ones I was looking at. Still a beautiful pattern in my opinion
2015 Halmahera Blue tongue skink 0.0.1
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Re: Interesting Pattern

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:26 pm

It's interesting looking but it's not rare.
It's a nice skink nonetheless.
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Posts: 5212
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
Country: US

Re: Interesting Pattern

Postby Dakota » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:30 pm

All because something isn't rare does not make it any more desirable IMO.

Common animals are just as awesome. :D
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
TokayBlueTongue
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:17 am
Country:
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Interesting Pattern

Postby TokayBlueTongue » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:34 pm

I'm still super siked to get it I will be posting pics once I get it home and the tank all set up. God the anticipation is killing me :D
2015 Halmahera Blue tongue skink 0.0.1
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Interesting Pattern

Postby Katrina » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:38 pm

TokayBlueTongue wrote:Darn I really thought it was like I rare pattern with the almost triangle like bands across its back. But I really like how the bands are connected and not zig-zag like most of the ones I was looking at. Still a beautiful pattern in my opinion


It's a very nice looking little northern, but that pattern isn't really uncommon. Good looking skink! :D Congrats.
TokayBlueTongue
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:17 am
Country:
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Interesting Pattern

Postby TokayBlueTongue » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:47 pm

Thanks I thought the pattern looked very unique and not like any of the other holdbacks the breeder had for sale.
2015 Halmahera Blue tongue skink 0.0.1
User avatar
donkeybuff
Coffee Connoisseur
Coffee Connoisseur
Posts: 1592
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:56 pm
Country: USA
Location: California

Re: Interesting Pattern

Postby donkeybuff » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:20 pm

It is very unique and definitely different from most of the northerns being sold, but there are quite a few northerns that look like that. Congrats on the purchase!
Sachin
1.0 Indonesian
1.0 Northern
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Re: Interesting Pattern

Postby Susann » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:36 am

donkeybuff wrote:It is very unique and definitely different from most of the northerns being sold, but there are quite a few northerns that look like that. Congrats on the purchase!
X2
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 222 guests