Page 1 of 2

Welcome the New Family Member!

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:12 am
by Dakota
More pictures will be put up in a few hours time, as well as a unboxing video. I have not decided on a name, yet. This animal came from LLL Reptile. I decided to order a baby. :) I picked this one because I thought it had the most color potential out of the three available.

And here he is:
halmahera.png


I have a cool story to tell after I post the rest of the pictures.

Re: Welcome the New Family Member!

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:20 am
by Dakota
halm02.png
halm03.png
halm01.png

Re: Welcome the New Family Member!

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:31 am
by Richard.C
Nice looking indo,looks in good shape :wink:

Re: Welcome the New Family Member!

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:52 am
by Teacup
So cute! It's going to be fun to watch him grow. :)

Re: Welcome the New Family Member!

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:58 am
by Dakota
He has a bluer tongue than Maxx. :)
halma02.png

He ate!
halma01.png

Re: Welcome the New Family Member!

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:20 am
by Dakota
OH LOOK! It is a morph!! :lol: All kidding aside, I have never seen one with a "striped" belly. :)
halman02.png
halman01.png

Re: Welcome the New Family Member!

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:25 am
by xxmonitorlizardxx
:clap:

Re: Welcome the New Family Member!

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:31 am
by Dakota
He still has the newborn "gloss" to 'em. His/Her name is going to be Riley. :)

Maxx and Riley.

ETA: That kindly sounds like Maxx and Ruby. :wha: :lol:

Re: Welcome the New Family Member!

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:46 am
by Dakota
It has the bead on each side of the cloaca, so I'd bet it will be male.. but I'm going to name is a unisexual name just to be on the safe side.

ETA: I think I'm seeing it. He is so tiny, can't tell if it is above or below the cloaca.

Re: Welcome the New Family Member!

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:03 am
by donkeybuff
I love his colors. Congrats!

Re: Welcome the New Family Member!

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:21 am
by mark_w
S/he's a beaut for sure. Loving the clean black legs.

Mark.

Re: Welcome the New Family Member!

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:25 am
by Dakota
Thanks, everyone! He is such an awesome skink. So chill with everything.. and very explorative! I did a photoshoot so I can look back at the first day I got him.. and this will be the last set of pictures of a while.. give him some alone time for a few weeks. :)

Re: Welcome the New Family Member!

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:52 am
by TJreptiles
I love their little black legs!!! And nice lightning McQueen

Re: Welcome the New Family Member!

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:36 pm
by Dakota
Picture perfect! :wink:
rileyforum.png

Re: Welcome the New Family Member!

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:52 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
That's by far my favorite picture you've taken!!!
A little bit orangey but...

Re: Welcome the New Family Member!

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:05 pm
by Dakota
Yeah, I liked the angle and position of him. I did notice he was a bit orange, rather than his milky chocolate, but I do not mess with the colors of my photos.. so we will have to live with it. :) He will grow into it like Maxx did.

I hope..

Re: Welcome the New Family Member!

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:09 pm
by Dakota
He has a very masculine angel on his head/snout. :)

Re: Welcome the New Family Member!

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:10 pm
by Susann
What does
Dakota wrote:the bead on each side of the cloaca
mean?

Re: Welcome the New Family Member!

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:18 pm
by Dakota
The thing that I told you Maxx had when I first received him.. I'm thinking it signifies immature hemipenes.. I don't actually mean a bead is there, rather just the shape.

BUT.. this thing is too tiny, I can't tell if it is above (end point of fatty tissue causing it is bulge down from belly fat) or below (possible hemipenes) the cloaca.

Re: Welcome the New Family Member!

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:42 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
I thought I would tease you a little with some photoshop ;)