Page 1 of 1

Mirror Photography w/ the Skinkers!

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:11 am
by Dakota
Please click the photo to view the photo as it was supposed to be viewed:
blackmaxx1.jpg


I'm not sure what the name of the style it, but I call it "Black Glass" photography. I seen someone doing it with all this expensive stuff, so I thought I'd get something that didn't cost anything a try.

I first got my clothes-hamper that was white, I then went and got a small mirror that was hanging up on the wall. I laid down the hamper, I stuck the mirror inside. I then got a very, very low wattage light bulb onto a lamp to project white light from the top to set on top of the hamper. I went and got Maxx, put him on the mirror and took a few photos with my Nikon D3200. The only editing I did was on a fingerprint that was on the glass (and of course my watermark). The slight editing did of course lower the quality of the photo, but overall, I think it looks pretty amazing, from the supplies I had! I thought I'd share.

Re: Beautiful photo of Maxx

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:16 am
by Richard.C
Nice looking skink,i actually think his color looks better than the black and silvers,they do look great to,but i love the black affect agsinst that coppery red,cool looking animal

Re: Beautiful photo of Maxx

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:25 am
by Dakota
Oh come on Rich, you know those black and silvers are amazing! Maxx sure was an ugly duckling into a swan type situation. I cannot wait until he is an adult. Looking for him a girlfriend for next season but no luck so far! :(

Re: Beautiful photo of Maxx

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:13 am
by Dakota
Wow, little did I know Maxx would shed 1 day after I take that photo! I have taken some more, and will be uploading them tonight hopefully.

Re: Beautiful photo of Maxx

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:46 am
by Dakota
mirrormaxxforum.png


Pretty cool, huh?

Re: Beautiful photo of Maxx

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:08 am
by MELUCHJA
awesomme

Re: Beautiful photo of Maxx

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:13 am
by Dakota
Susann says everyone needs at least one Merauke per houshold.. I say everyone needs one Halmahera per household. :wink: There is just something about them that I just drool over.. and when you make them black and silver, oh dear lord.. :sweat: :cloud9:

:lol:

Re: Beautiful photo of Maxx

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:37 am
by Dakota
Although a little less attractive than Maxx, he is still a beauty! Here is Hunter:
(Remember to click the photo)
mirrorhunterforum.png

Re: Mirror Photography w/ the Skinkers!

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:47 am
by Dood
Sweet !

Nice trick, thanks for sharing :thumbs:

Re: Mirror Photography w/ the Skinkers!

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:28 pm
by StaceyLeigh
Stunning photos Dakota!

Re: Mirror Photography w/ the Skinkers!

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:08 pm
by Dakota
Thanks! :)

Re: Mirror Photography w/ the Skinkers!

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:27 pm
by Seadation
I love the pictures Dakota. I may have to try this one day.

Re: Mirror Photography w/ the Skinkers!

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:32 pm
by TJreptiles
Dakota the pics look amazing as is, no need to click on it, at least with a iPhone. If I click on it I get less than half the photo. Also I'm going with one northern I just can't get over all the colors on one 14 inch animal!

Re: Mirror Photography w/ the Skinkers!

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:25 pm
by Dakota
Yeah, pretty much all Halmaheras are like that. :) They are the kings of the gigas, color wise.. IMHO. I cannot wait to start producing them.. might just keep them all!!

Re: Mirror Photography w/ the Skinkers!

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:12 pm
by Toria Dawn
These are great quality pictures! What a good idea Dakota!

Re: Mirror Photography w/ the Skinkers!

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:29 am
by Floyd7
Very nice! I am just beginner in this field and learning skills of photography from Port Macquarie Photographer. He also used some expensive stuff for Black Glass photography. Bookmarked this page! this surely tell him about this.

Re: Mirror Photography w/ the Skinkers!

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:39 pm
by Sebastian
Beautiful photos Dakota! I'll have to try this, they are wonderful photos! The one of Maxx is my favorite, his reflection looks so regal.

Re: Mirror Photography w/ the Skinkers!

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:50 am
by AmicusDraco.eu
Beautiful photos ! Of course your skinks are beautiful too :D