Another hot day in paradise, perfect for a good, nutritious feast. Today's menu includes diced kangaroo rump, shredded broccoli hearts, carrot and acorn squash, bok choy, tatsoi, wombok, pak choy, banana and a little beetroot.
A few dinner pictures
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Lea
- Patron Saint of Blueys

- Posts: 4261
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
- Country:
- Location: Adelaide, South Australia
A few dinner pictures
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
- Dakota
- Snail Hunter

- Posts: 5212
- Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
- Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
- Country: US
Re: A few dinner pictures
Your skinks eat so much better than I do, Lea.. cheers to that!
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
- Lauriek
- Bluey Devotee

- Posts: 1918
- Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:51 am
- Country:
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
Re: A few dinner pictures
Lea, when can I come for dinner?
Laurie & A Band O' Blotchies - Bliss (RIP). Barnum the Old Blotchie. Binti, the rescued Blotchie. The Shingles - Solomon & Sheba (Miss Houdini)
Be humble, because you are made of the Earth. Be noble, because you are made of the Stars. - Serbian proverb.
Be humble, because you are made of the Earth. Be noble, because you are made of the Stars. - Serbian proverb.
- Richard.C
- Kimberley Klan

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
- Country:
- Location: melbourne australia
Re: A few dinner pictures
Looks good lea,i might have to experiment with more veg for the stumpies
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: A few dinner pictures
I don’t understand why you guys kill all of the kangaroos?
We would never dream of eating one here!
We would never dream of eating one here!6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
- TJreptiles
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 381
- Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:16 am
- Your Facebook name: Tristan Dudder
- Country:
- Location: Ca
Re: A few dinner pictures
Jeff wrote:I don’t understand why you guys kill all of the kangaroos?We would never dream of eating one here!
C'mon it has to tast close to deer? Yum I love me some deer!
2.1.4 Northern's
- Lauriek
- Bluey Devotee

- Posts: 1918
- Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:51 am
- Country:
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
Re: A few dinner pictures
Jeff, roo meat (as we call it) is incredibly lean and very good to eat. Unfortunately when there's a drought, which we have regularly, roos often start foraging on farm land where there's still (hopefully) water and feed. I don't like the thought of culling them either but rather than just shoot them and leave them, at least if the carcass is used then it's a better thing. We now have wild deer in Australia - escapees from deer farms and I'd rather see those shot and eaten because they are a pest here in Australia.
Laurie & A Band O' Blotchies - Bliss (RIP). Barnum the Old Blotchie. Binti, the rescued Blotchie. The Shingles - Solomon & Sheba (Miss Houdini)
Be humble, because you are made of the Earth. Be noble, because you are made of the Stars. - Serbian proverb.
Be humble, because you are made of the Earth. Be noble, because you are made of the Stars. - Serbian proverb.
- El Lobo
- The Blotched Brigade

- Posts: 3405
- Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:49 pm
- Country:
- Location: Blue Mountains Australia
Re: A few dinner pictures
Looks good and nutritious as always.
I load up the Blotchies with plenty of veg but it's a bit hit and miss if they will eat them all.
I load up the Blotchies with plenty of veg but it's a bit hit and miss if they will eat them all.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who do not.
- Lea
- Patron Saint of Blueys

- Posts: 4261
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
- Country:
- Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Re: A few dinner pictures
I went back a few hours later and I swear they had licked the dish clean! They love their veggies, I have never had a problem with any of them. Suunto would live on carrots if given a chance, so definitely no veggie problem their, but I have to watch to make sure she eats others things though!
As for anyone coming for dinner? I love to cook, but my lizards do eat better than me, I think. They get all the best cuts of meat, whilst we eat the value packs from Woolies!
As for anyone coming for dinner? I love to cook, but my lizards do eat better than me, I think. They get all the best cuts of meat, whilst we eat the value packs from Woolies!
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
-
Blueythebluetongue
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 69
- Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:51 am
- Country:
- Location: North Carolina
Re: A few dinner pictures
I'd love to come!
That's somewhat surprising to me that they love their veggies. My friend is a breeder, and he's told me that pretty much all of his Blueys don't like veggies and he has to mix in things like bananas for them to eat them. He has the one I'm about to get (this'll be my first) and he says with my baby he has to put LOTS of bananas in for it to eat even some!
That's somewhat surprising to me that they love their veggies. My friend is a breeder, and he's told me that pretty much all of his Blueys don't like veggies and he has to mix in things like bananas for them to eat them. He has the one I'm about to get (this'll be my first) and he says with my baby he has to put LOTS of bananas in for it to eat even some!
1 Irian Jaya- Blue
- Lauriek
- Bluey Devotee

- Posts: 1918
- Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:51 am
- Country:
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
Re: A few dinner pictures
I have found that my two shingles prefer more vegies and fruit whereas the blotchies prefer more meat. Although Solomon (one of the shingles) loves dried dog food.
Laurie & A Band O' Blotchies - Bliss (RIP). Barnum the Old Blotchie. Binti, the rescued Blotchie. The Shingles - Solomon & Sheba (Miss Houdini)
Be humble, because you are made of the Earth. Be noble, because you are made of the Stars. - Serbian proverb.
Be humble, because you are made of the Earth. Be noble, because you are made of the Stars. - Serbian proverb.
- Lea
- Patron Saint of Blueys

- Posts: 4261
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
- Country:
- Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Re: A few dinner pictures
Blueythebluetongue wrote:I'd love to come!![]()
That's somewhat surprising to me that they love their veggies. My friend is a breeder, and he's told me that pretty much all of his Blueys don't like veggies and he has to mix in things like bananas for them to eat them. He has the one I'm about to get (this'll be my first) and he says with my baby he has to put LOTS of bananas in for it to eat even some!
I can just feed them a plate of greens and veg and have the whole dish polished off, without a single hesitation or complaint. Suunto would sit to a plate of just carrots and she would be totally in heaven!
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 209 guests
