Page 1 of 1
Possible "old"(..?) SLUG from Virginia
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:09 am
by Dakota
Okay, well yesterday was cleaning day in our household, and that I moved the extra 55 gallon cage outside, while I had no use for it. I then decided to just to move Maxx into it. I was getting it ready, making sure no bad foreign objects were in it, and while I was sifting through, I found this weird yellow thing.. it is kindly hard to describe it, but the only possible way;
It looks like an all-yellow big candycorn in a broken ball.. it was hard, but not hard.. kindly like a little bit harder version to wax?
My questions is, is this a slug? I'm not sure.. I don't think so, but my father wanted me to post it on the forum to ask.. so here it is:

(it came out really neon yellow in the photos, it is a good bright yellow, but not neon like you see here)
Re: Possible "old"(..?) SLUG from Virginia
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:53 pm
by Dakota
So, I'm at the conclusion that this is not a slug..

Re: Possible "old"(..?) SLUG from Virginia
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:56 pm
by TJreptiles
Maby mango.
Re: Possible "old"(..?) SLUG from Virginia
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:58 pm
by TJreptiles
Or Cheetos I'm going with Cheetos.

Re: Possible "old"(..?) SLUG from Virginia
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:02 pm
by Dakota
I have no idea what this is.. if it was any type of fruit it would very dried out.. this feels kindly waxy.. haha.
Re: Possible "old"(..?) SLUG from Virginia
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:45 pm
by Richard.C
Hard to tell,can u take it outside and get a pic on good light,lol
Could be a slug,they can vary in how they look,and some can be crumbly,did u notice any weight loss?
Re: Possible "old"(..?) SLUG from Virginia
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:54 pm
by Dakota
No, just the opposite.. she still seems to be slightly bigger.
Re: Possible "old"(..?) SLUG from Virginia
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:01 pm
by Richard.C
Is it crystally looking?
Could also be yellow crystally urates
Re: Possible "old"(..?) SLUG from Virginia
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:08 pm
by Dakota
No, it has a hard wax feel to it.
Like the consistency of candycorn (I assume that is in Australia as well).
Re: Possible "old"(..?) SLUG from Virginia
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:38 pm
by Richard.C
Candy corn?
Posibly is here,im thinking lolli bobble gliss bombs,lol
The crystally urates can have that consistancy,not nessacarilly powdery,it may not be that,just chucking another possability out there for you
Slugs are often gooey,but can be waxy like to,highly variable
Re: Possible "old"(..?) SLUG from Virginia
Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:23 am
by Toria Dawn
Could it be undigested corn?
Re: Possible "old"(..?) SLUG from Virginia
Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:38 am
by Dakota
I don't feed corn..
Re: Possible "old"(..?) SLUG from Virginia
Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:18 am
by Nae
Lolly gobble bliss bombs are WAY different to candycorn richard, and considerably better ;D (Candycorns are those halloween candies that are little triangles with the white orange and reddy stripes)
No we dont have those in Aus (Or if we do it must be hidden real well as I have never seen it, nor have any friends ever eaten it and I eat way too much candy!)
Apologies for not having anything of real value to contribute to this thread

Re: Possible "old"(..?) SLUG from Virginia
Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:22 am
by Dakota
Other than a slug, I wonder what this could be.

Re: Possible "old"(..?) SLUG from Virginia
Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:18 am
by Lea
Have you fed egg? It looks suspiciously like an old dried up bit of cooked egg yolk. It looks very unlike any slug or expelled ova that I've seen out of a lizard.
Re: Possible "old"(..?) SLUG from Virginia
Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:24 am
by Dakota
Oh my god! I did feed her a boiled egg a while back!
Wow.. this is now disgusting.. I have no idea how this escaped her food bowl....
Re: Possible "old"(..?) SLUG from Virginia
Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:24 pm
by Lea
mystery solved!
Re: Possible "old"(..?) SLUG from Virginia
Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:15 pm
by Richard.C
So unfertilised eggs,but of the avian variety,lol
Re: Possible "old"(..?) SLUG from Virginia
Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:39 pm
by Dakota