Page 1 of 1

Feeding day pictures

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:23 pm
by Lea
Today was a mix of chicken, leafy greens, watermelon and calcium/vit D supplement, which was an enticing mix for a pack of hungry shinglebacks and they gorged themselves!

Here's a mix of happy foodie pics for you!


Re: Feeding day pictures

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:41 pm
by Fatal_S
I need to move to your place. The food looks great and the company can't be beat :D

Those look like some fat and happy skinks <3

Re: Feeding day pictures

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:15 pm
by donkeybuff
Is it weird that I get hungry when I see what Lea feeds her skinks?

Re: Feeding day pictures

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:26 pm
by Lea
Lol, no, it's not that weird! Actually, I had the same for lunch, minus the calcium supps. What's good enough for them and all that :lol:

Re: Feeding day pictures

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:18 am
by Mimo
looks delicious :D
Nice pictures

Re: Feeding day pictures

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:45 am
by El Lobo
I picked the wrong time of the day to look at this thread, it has made me really hungry.

The reward in preparing fresh meals like this is watching how much they are enjoyed.

Re: Feeding day pictures

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:32 am
by juliec1
can you list what you have in there please it looks yummy

Re: Feeding day pictures

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:55 pm
by Jeff
It looks great Lea, and everyone seems to approve!

Re: Feeding day pictures

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:14 pm
by Lea
juliec1 wrote:can you list what you have in there please it looks yummy


Watermelon, baked chicken and a mix of green leaves, plus the calcium and vitamin D.

Re: Feeding day pictures

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:47 am
by juliec1
so do you just bake the chicken in the oven and no seasoning?

Re: Feeding day pictures

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:52 am
by Lea
juliec1 wrote:so do you just bake the chicken in the oven and no seasoning?


I bake a whole chicken, as if I was roasting, just no added seasoning or oils, then just remove the skin. It's enough for a couple of feeds food all the skinks, with a little leftover for us for sandwiches etc. I put the chicken on a mesh type tray over a drip tray, to stop it sitting in the fat.

Re: Feeding day pictures

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:59 am
by Coomassie
You post the best pictures Lea! Also, you feed them better than I would feed myself. If I didn't have a husband, I would eat cereal every night for dinner....

Re: Feeding day pictures

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:08 pm
by hurricanejen
Awesome spread, and love the skinks! They're gorgeous and clearly eating well :)

Re: Feeding day pictures

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:32 pm
by Lea
Thanks, guys. I was worried that Rosie might pop if she tried to fit any more food in on top of her baby, but not only did she eat a good portion, I caught her going back for a decent size of seconds about an hour later :shock:

Re: Feeding day pictures

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:08 pm
by Richard.C
If she is gravid,she will get solider yet,only early still and this time of year usually sees them eating the most,march is the month when the have babies the most accross southern half of aus,vic accross to wa,they can eat well right through to

Re: Feeding day pictures

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:01 am
by Lea
I hope she is, if not, she's carrying some kind of alien- she's skinny elsewhere on her body, with a fairly prominent spine still, so I'm pretty convinced. I was really anxious about it, but less so now, just hoping for a smooth pregnancy and birth for her sake. It must be so tough pushing out a shingle baby :shock:

Re: Feeding day pictures

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:41 am
by Richard.C
They actually handle ot pretty well,mind u the ones i witnessed are a small form with small babies,your one looks like a big one compared to my old asperas,actuallu very similar to the big girl i got last year that i think dropped slugs,have u weighed her

Re: Feeding day pictures

Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:58 pm
by Lea
She was 500g three weeks ago and now she's 650g! I think a lot is actual weight gain on her body, since she eats like a little piggy, but hopefully a good portion is baby weight, too. At least she's gaining well!

Re: Feeding day pictures

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:38 am
by Richard.C
Thats a good sign lea,but probably weight gain,this early,but they often eat alot more not long after the mating period,so possable good early signs shes eating for more than one,shes definatly solid enough early which puts the odds her way to be developing bubs

Re: Feeding day pictures

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:26 pm
by Zalder
I'm no expert, so if I can tell that she's gravid, yeah. Whoa. Little girl's ready to burst it seems. :P