Page 1 of 2
New here
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:52 am
by kankryb
Hi all,
new here on this forum and got this guy a month back and thought it was a good idea to come here maybe find him a female
I´ve been breeding pinktongues for almost 30 years and have bred bluetongues years ago


Re: New here
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:54 am
by Dakota
Nice rugosa! I'm going to take a guess and say it is a "Hills" locale..?
Re: New here
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:05 am
by kankryb
Thanks Dakota, it is bred by Peter Ferger 2011
Re: New here
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:23 am
by Mimo
Nice skink, good luck with finding him a mate

Re: New here
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:35 am
by kankryb
Thanks Mimo
Do anyone here keep pinktongue skink Cyclodomorphus gerrardi ?
Re: New here
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:16 am
by Coomassie
I have a PTS! He is awesome but a little huffy. He is only about 2 years old. Can we see pictures of your PTS?
Also, I'm soooo jealous of your shingle. I currently have a Northern who is the love of my life but I would kill for a shingle.
Re: New here
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:38 am
by kankryb
Coomassie wrote:I have a PTS! He is awesome but a little huffy. He is only about 2 years old. Can we see pictures of your PTS?
Also, I'm soooo jealous of your shingle. I currently have a Northern who is the love of my life but I would kill for a shingle.
Hi Coomassie,
Here are some pics of my pinktongues




Re: New here
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:58 am
by Richard.C
Welcome to bts.net
Nice looking rugosa rugosa
Im yet to keep pink tongues but when some pop up at right time it will be hard to say no,love pic with adult and baby
Re: New here
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:25 am
by Jeff
Welcome to the forum! Nice shingleback you have there. I bought a female shingleback from Peter that he produced in 2006. She gave birth to twins for me in 2011, but she has only had a slug since then. Good luck finding a female. They are pretty hard to find right now.
Re: New here
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:38 am
by Ophidiophile
kankryb wrote:Do anyone here keep pinktongue skink Cyclodomorphus gerrardi ?

Re: New here
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:58 am
by kankryb
Nice

Re: New here
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:02 am
by Dood
I've never heard of a pink tongue! COOL
I'm guessing they're not readily available in North America.
I wish I could get a rugosa, they remind me of tiny ankylosaur dinosaurs

but they aren't very available either,
Re: New here
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:09 am
by Dakota
Hmm.. I wouldn't consider them uncommon..

Re: New here
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:41 am
by kankryb
They used to be a tiliqua and are called Gerrards bluetongue or snail skink
They are fairly common in eu but I dont know anybody else who breeds them
I always sell mine in Hamm show/germany
Re: New here
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:55 pm
by El Lobo
Dakota wrote:Nice rugosa! I'm going to take a guess and say it is a "Hills" locale..?
Which part of Australia is this "Hills" locale ?

Re: New here
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:45 pm
by Dakota

I remember someone that kept western shingles saying something about a hills locale. hmmm..
ETA: People are calling them the "Hills" form.
Re: New here
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:58 pm
by Jeff
There are basically 3 recognized types of T.r.rugosa. Not definite locales, just 3 “ranges”. Coastals range from the coast to a little east of Perth. Hills range from there east to near Kalgoorlie. Then the goldfieilds extend from there to the eastern edge of the range of T.r.rugosa. At least that’s my best understanding of the situation.
This animal looks pretty much classic coastal to me, but that’s what 99% of T.r.r’s are outside of OZ.
Re: New here
Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:05 am
by Fred Gaal
Nice rugosa rugosa you have there.
You are sure its a male??
Re: New here
Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:56 pm
by kankryb
Fred Gaal wrote:Nice rugosa rugosa you have there.
You are sure its a male??
yes long tail and Peter Ferger said so

Re: New here
Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:23 pm
by Richard.C
The coastal/hills names you have to remember are names a licenced reptile collector has given them,there quite variable and probably safe to assume that both areas have a mix of colors that can overlap into both zones,just like all goldfields arent the bright beasts that we drool over in pics
Id say thats a better representation of whats labelled a coastal form though
Acanthurus can probably elaborate better on this as hes lucky enough to have seen alot of wild rugosa rugosa locales from the coast to the goldfields region