Page 1 of 1

A very skinky story..

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:31 am
by Mimo
So.. Everyone can post a topic here about their skinks...
And i'm sure that i can find many stories about their personality's aswell,
but i thought it would be nice to have 1 topic for it.

So if you have a fun story or some cute facts about your skink(s), then please do tell :D

Re: A very skinky story..

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:37 am
by Mimo
Though i don't have my bluey for a long time i did discover 2 things:

A weird fact
Yellow doesn't dig but climbs

A stinky fact
Yellow always poops on someone just before or after dinner

Re: A very skinky story..

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:42 am
by Dakota
Xaunder has nails of needles

Hunter always has a grumpy face

London is always frowning

Virginia is an adventurous mama

Ema.. well.. hmm.. always hiding.. never really digs too much.

Hunter and Ema always perch on their hide, kindly like watching over their territory.. :lol:

First time I got Thiswai, she pooped on my in the car.. and it was disgusting ( :hurl: )

I lost Thiswai on my kitchen table.

Xaunder actually got outside, when I was letting them roam the patio (I have not idea how), luckily we found her about 20 minutes after she was noticed gone

Re: A very skinky story..

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:29 am
by Coomassie
Coomassie is afraid of the outdoors. I took him outside once and he freaked out. And his arch nemesis is my leopard tortoise, Herbert. When she is out, Herbert likes to walk up to Coomassie's cage and look in. Coomassie responds by running up to the glass and freaking out. It is all kind of hilarious. Also, Coomassie was named after Coomassie Brilliant Blue which is a molecular biology stain used to view proteins in polyacrylimide gels.

Re: A very skinky story..

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:52 am
by Dakota
Oh, and when I was sexing my skinks, apparently London thought Xaunder was extra hot, and started trying to breed her.. I separated them before anything happened, though.. nothing more than a neck nibble.

Re: A very skinky story..

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:13 pm
by Merriann
Coomassie wrote: Also, Coomassie was named after Coomassie Brilliant Blue which is a molecular biology stain used to view proteins in polyacrylimide gels.


Thanks for sharing this-- I always wondered where you got the name Coomassie from!! Very cool name 8)

Re: A very skinky story..

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:53 pm
by donkeybuff
My adult indo is very frightened of my baby northern, while my northern could care less about the indo's presence.

Re: A very skinky story..

Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:50 am
by Mimo
@Coomassie
Lol poor coomassie, scared of a turtoise and cool thinking about his name :D

@donkeybuff
Lol how did he become frightened of a little version of him/herself? xD

I noticed lately that Yellow will roam behind the window when (i think) he's hungry...
Also a few days ago he was behind the window (where you couldn't see him yet) and then he suddenly popped his head up.. so it was kinda funny surprise.

Also he didn't poop on me lately so i have to withdraw my first comment in this topic about pooping.. though the last time i had him out he pooped on the couch..

Re: A very skinky story..

Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:29 am
by Coomassie
Merriann wrote:
Coomassie wrote: Also, Coomassie was named after Coomassie Brilliant Blue which is a molecular biology stain used to view proteins in polyacrylimide gels.


Thanks for sharing this-- I always wondered where you got the name Coomassie from!! Very cool name 8)


Thank you! I don't know how I missed this. I take it for granted because I spend most of my time with scientists and they all think it is funny. I think I may have mentioned it once when I joined the forum but I was doing a lot of protein work when I got him and the name just sort of happened.