Page 1 of 1

Blotchies

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:18 pm
by Ophidiophile
Had the camera out so why not?

Adult9-7-2013a.jpg


I call this one Kim L#### Jr. :lol:

KL9-7-13.jpg


Another of KL Jr. (and yet another of my hand LOL)

KLb.jpg


Adult

Adult9-7-13.jpg


Kissy, Kissy

Kissy,-Kissy.jpg

Re: Blotchies

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:21 pm
by Richard.C
very nice,digging the name to,kim l### jr is a mighty fine looking example of his species,looks like your big ones getting ready to shed,duller looking ,but equally as nice looking

out of interest,how do u find the blotchies compared to other species

Re: Blotchies

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:38 pm
by kl
You named your skink after me?

KL

Re: Blotchies

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:51 pm
by Ophidiophile
kl wrote:You named your skink after me?
KL


I don't really name my reptiles at all. So I call the Meraukes what Susann named them just to refer to them. And in the case of the baby blotchie I needed a way to refer to it here so why not Kim L### Jr.? LOL Don't you think he looks kind of Bostonian? :lol:

Re: Blotchies

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:30 pm
by Scotts1au
Just being a bit pedantic but I edited the name, I figured if KL wanted to go by his real name he would. Thanks for understanding.

Re: Blotchies

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:43 pm
by kl
That's ok. Mostly everyone knows me anyway.

KL

Re: Blotchies

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:15 pm
by Ophidiophile
Scotts1au wrote:Just being a bit pedantic but I edited the name, I figured if KL wanted to go by his real name he would. Thanks for understanding.


Oh I'm really sorry - didn't think about that.

Re: Blotchies

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:23 pm
by Ophidiophile
Richard.C wrote:out of interest,how do u find the blotchies compared to other species


The blotchies seem a bit more "huffy" than the other species. Not aggressive but maybe moody is the right way to characterize it and I like that about them. The ones I have also seem to feed more moderately than my Northerns, Easterns and Meraukes. Those other species will absolutely gorge themselves if I let them while the Blotchies seem to pace themselves and be done before they turn into little balloons. Those are just a few observations but, with a sample of 2, I honestly don't know if these are typical.

I will say this -- I absolutely LOVE working with them!

Re: Blotchies

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:18 pm
by bluetonguerocks
judging from the last picture, it is no surprise we'll see a skink with carapace in near future :D

Re: Blotchies

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:24 pm
by Richard.C
haha,yep certainly different to other tiliqua,i think they are the most dominant form of aussie tiliqua

fearless comes to mind

Re: Blotchies

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:20 am
by Merriann
judging from the last picture, it is no surprise we'll see a skink with carapace in near future


:rofl: I was thinking they were looking pretty friendly too! Beautiful animals! Thanks for sharing these great pics.

Re: Blotchies

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:27 am
by StaceyLeigh
Beautiful! I just love the Blotchies :lovestruck: Hopefully more people will breed them here so they become a little more affordable :D

Re: Blotchies

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:51 am
by bluetonguerocks
Agree! or someone decides to give away all his blotchies for free :D

Re: Blotchies

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:06 am
by Susann
bluetonguerocks wrote:or someone decides to give away all his blotchies for free :D
Me, me, pick me, pick me!!! :tasty:

Re: Blotchies

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:21 am
by Toria Dawn
Every time I see pics of blotchies, I fall more and more in love with them. :love: