Blame Susann For This!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Ophidiophile
The Rock'n Roll Science Nerd
The Rock'n Roll Science Nerd
Posts: 555
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:49 pm
Country:
Location: Rocky Mountain High, Colorado USA
Contact:

Blame Susann For This!

Postby Ophidiophile » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:49 pm

She not only requested the photos but made the animals in them!

I included some stats on their growth/weights as well. Click on the photos for the bigger, more awesome 8) versions.

Austin: 30 g. at birth 5-21-13; 51 g. when received 6-25-13; now 195 g. empty
Austin.jpg


Dakota: 28 g. at birth 5-21-13; 53 g. when received 6-25-13; now 222 g. empty
Dakota.jpg


Kentucky: 30 g. at birth 5-21-13; 75 g. when received 6-25-13; now 239 g. empty
Kentucky.jpg


Rio: 20 g. at birth 5-21-13; 51 g. when received 6-25-13; now 218 g. empty
Rio.jpg


Thanks Susann!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David P. Tracer
Ophidiophile Farms
http://www.ophidiophile.com
Ophidiophiles are Snake Lovers!

2.4 Northern BTS
2.2 Eastern BTS
2.0.6 Tanimbar BTS
0.1 Irian Jaya BTS
1.1 Blotched BTS
3.2 Indonesian BTS
6.7 Merauke BTS
4.5.8 Kei Island BTS
User avatar
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Posts: 5212
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
Country: US

Re: Blame Susann For This!

Postby Dakota » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:53 pm

:shock:
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
User avatar
Scincoides
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1900
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 6:57 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona

Re: Blame Susann For This!

Postby Scincoides » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:59 pm

Looking good. Rio did turn out awesome. He looks just like my #5. Definitely some of the nicest Meraukes out there.
Austin & Danielle
12.28.12 Northerns
4.6.2 Kei Island
12.6.2 Meraukes
3.4.8 Irian Jayas
2.5.3 Easterns
1.2 Halmahera
1.1 Indonesian
2.3 Tanimbar
0.0.1 Blotched
1.0 Egernia Striolata
1.1 Egernia Cunninghami
1.1 Egernia C. Krefti
1.2 Bellatorias frerei
1.1 H. Gerrardii

http://www.scincoides.com
User avatar
Toria Dawn
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 449
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 1:25 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Blame Susann For This!

Postby Toria Dawn » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:00 pm

I agree Rio is stunning.
0.0.1 Irian Jaya - Royal Hendrix Mudson
0.2.0 Leopard Geckos - Bagel & Donut
0.0.2 Bearded Dragons - Jabba & Han
User avatar
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Posts: 5212
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
Country: US

Re: Blame Susann For This!

Postby Dakota » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:02 pm

Kentucky is Xaunder's twin. Wow.
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Re: Blame Susann For This!

Postby Susann » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:40 pm

Oh my good word! I'll take the blame for that any time! :wink:
Rio is just SICK (to use today's young peoples' vernacular)! I may regret giving him up 'til my dying day....
I'm thinking maybe girl for Rio though; almost positive Dakota is a girl.

Thank you for the pictures.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
Merriann
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:29 am
Country:
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Blame Susann For This!

Postby Merriann » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:08 pm

Wow Rio really is stunning-- love the contrast between the bright orange and the black!
User avatar
donkeybuff
Coffee Connoisseur
Coffee Connoisseur
Posts: 1592
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:56 pm
Country: USA
Location: California

Re: Blame Susann For This!

Postby donkeybuff » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:27 pm

Austin and Rio are amazing!
Sachin
1.0 Indonesian
1.0 Northern
User avatar
Ophidiophile
The Rock'n Roll Science Nerd
The Rock'n Roll Science Nerd
Posts: 555
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:49 pm
Country:
Location: Rocky Mountain High, Colorado USA
Contact:

Re: Blame Susann For This!

Postby Ophidiophile » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:38 pm

donkeybuff wrote:Austin and Rio are amazing!


Those are definitely my 2 favorites. Austin is truly gorgeous in a more subtle way but it's harder to demonstrate in photos than for Rio, about whom there is nothing subtle!
The funny thing is I went back to my first email to Susann and in it I told her I was most interested in Dakota and Kentucky! Of course at that time, Rio was not for sale.
David P. Tracer
Ophidiophile Farms
http://www.ophidiophile.com
Ophidiophiles are Snake Lovers!

2.4 Northern BTS
2.2 Eastern BTS
2.0.6 Tanimbar BTS
0.1 Irian Jaya BTS
1.1 Blotched BTS
3.2 Indonesian BTS
6.7 Merauke BTS
4.5.8 Kei Island BTS
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Blame Susann For This!

Postby Richard.C » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:54 pm

all looking great,developing well

rio certainly is colorful

never be sorry for showing pics,never get sick of seeing pics
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Re: Blame Susann For This!

Postby Susann » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:58 pm

Well, Dakota does have that almost reduced pattern that lots of people are looking for.
Is Kentucky really that much lighter, or is he about so shed?

I have to admit, you took me to opposite ends of extreme in the matter of 1 second with the title of the thread; my heart stopped for a second, I thought "Oh my gosh, what did I do this time?!" But then I saw it was made by you, so then my heart started really beating with excitement, hoping it was the pictures I requested. :ohyes:
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
User avatar
Ophidiophile
The Rock'n Roll Science Nerd
The Rock'n Roll Science Nerd
Posts: 555
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:49 pm
Country:
Location: Rocky Mountain High, Colorado USA
Contact:

Re: Blame Susann For This!

Postby Ophidiophile » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:06 pm

Susann wrote:I have to admit, you took me to opposite ends of extreme in the matter of 1 second with the title of the thread; my heart stopped for a second, I thought "Oh my gosh, what did I do this time?!" But then I saw it was made by you, so then my heart started really beating with excitement, hoping it was the pictures I requested. :ohyes:


I am one of the most sarcastic, facetious people you will ever meet in real life (i.e., I'm originally a New Yorker) - hopefully in a humorous way. Hope I didn't give you too much of a fright! :D
You deserve all the blame for these guys (i.e., credit!!!).
David P. Tracer
Ophidiophile Farms
http://www.ophidiophile.com
Ophidiophiles are Snake Lovers!

2.4 Northern BTS
2.2 Eastern BTS
2.0.6 Tanimbar BTS
0.1 Irian Jaya BTS
1.1 Blotched BTS
3.2 Indonesian BTS
6.7 Merauke BTS
4.5.8 Kei Island BTS
User avatar
donkeybuff
Coffee Connoisseur
Coffee Connoisseur
Posts: 1592
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:56 pm
Country: USA
Location: California

Re: Blame Susann For This!

Postby donkeybuff » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:09 pm

I hope we get to blame her for even more in the future!
Sachin
1.0 Indonesian
1.0 Northern
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Re: Blame Susann For This!

Postby Susann » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:13 pm

donkeybuff wrote:I hope we get to blame her for even more in the future!
You and me both!
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
User avatar
Seadation
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 442
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:05 pm
Country:
Location: Miami,Fl

Re: Blame Susann For This!

Postby Seadation » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:21 pm

Rio looks amazing! Beautiful healthy skinks. Congrats!
Ron Couto
http://bluetonguelizards.com
@bluetonguelizards
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Re: Blame Susann For This!

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Dakota, Austin, and Rio all exeeding my expectations.
Does the picture accurately show RIO's colors?
His colors reminds me of the "caramel(t+) albino"indos that were for sale a while ago.
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Ophidiophile
The Rock'n Roll Science Nerd
The Rock'n Roll Science Nerd
Posts: 555
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:49 pm
Country:
Location: Rocky Mountain High, Colorado USA
Contact:

Re: Blame Susann For This!

Postby Ophidiophile » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:33 pm

xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:Does the picture accurately show RIO's colors?


Very accurate.
Of course his color varies a bit depending on where he's at in his shedding cycle but this is how he really looks about 2 days post-shed.
By the way, I should mention that while I do crop my photos and watermark them, I don't alter the colors, exposure or contrast in any way. What you see is what's living in my animal room (and backyard)!
David P. Tracer
Ophidiophile Farms
http://www.ophidiophile.com
Ophidiophiles are Snake Lovers!

2.4 Northern BTS
2.2 Eastern BTS
2.0.6 Tanimbar BTS
0.1 Irian Jaya BTS
1.1 Blotched BTS
3.2 Indonesian BTS
6.7 Merauke BTS
4.5.8 Kei Island BTS
bluetonguerocks
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:50 pm
Country:
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: Blame Susann For This!

Postby bluetonguerocks » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:15 pm

Rio is amazing! i just love how bright he is
User avatar
Lea
Patron Saint of Blueys
Patron Saint of Blueys
Posts: 4261
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
Country:
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Blame Susann For This!

Postby Lea » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:15 am

Dare I say this, but, I'm in love with Dakota :love:
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
User avatar
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Posts: 5212
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
Country: US

Re: Blame Susann For This!

Postby Dakota » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:19 am

Lea wrote:Dare I say this, but, I'm in love with Dakota :love:

8)
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 351 guests