Page 1 of 1

PLEASE GUESS THE SEXES

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:08 pm
by kl
Do these look like a true pair?

KL

Re: PLEASE GUESS THE SEXES

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:37 pm
by donkeybuff
I think the one on the right looks like a male and the one on the left looks like a female, but I could be wrong. Nevertheless, holy crap are they good looking!
Edit: If you're planning to buy these, I really hope they're a pair just so we can have some American Eye-banded Easterns!

Re: PLEASE GUESS THE SEXES

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:51 pm
by Jeff
Not a good enough picture for me. I would like to see each from a bird's eye view with the body and tail as straight as possible.

Re: PLEASE GUESS THE SEXES

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:01 pm
by Richard.C
x2 what jeff said

though from that pic lefty looks female,righty maybe male ,nice looking easterns kim

Re: PLEASE GUESS THE SEXES

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:17 am
by kl
They better be a pair for the prices they are asking for them or I'll be on the phone with Ray or Jeff begging to do breeding loans with their animals.

Kim

Re: PLEASE GUESS THE SEXES

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:22 am
by Jeff
They look like they could be two of my skinks Kim. I will definitely want to be trading babies even if they are a pair.

Re: PLEASE GUESS THE SEXES

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:55 pm
by Fatal_S
Unf.

Re: PLEASE GUESS THE SEXES

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:50 am
by Lauriek
There is a theory that female blueys are longer in the body and shorter in the tail than males. I don't know if this is true. Another theory is head shape with males having a narrower head than females. If you look at it, you've got a 50% chance of being right !! :D

Re: PLEASE GUESS THE SEXES

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:50 am
by gust0640
Im sorry, but the pic is not good enough for me to guess the sex

Re: PLEASE GUESS THE SEXES

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:26 pm
by Scotts1au
They both look female to me.

Re: PLEASE GUESS THE SEXES

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:12 pm
by kl
I did buy the animals. I asked the guy how sure he was about the sexes and he said that he had 20 yrs experience with reptiles and that they were absolutely a pair. However, I think that based on the photo alone they seem to have the same body shape of a female. The tail is slightly thinner on one which is also something that I see on male Blotched. I have no experience with Easterns so I'm not an expert on how to sex them.

Kim

Re: PLEASE GUESS THE SEXES

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:23 pm
by Scincoides
Its great that you bought them! How long is it going to take to get them here?

Re: PLEASE GUESS THE SEXES

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:49 pm
by Richard.C
easterns can be less obvious to sex sometimes

the right one in the pic whilst head looks thin,its still quite distinct from the neck,its nose appears chunky to compared to left one in pic,plus long looking in head,its forearms look huge to,big front legs compared to left one,another subtle sign you see on males

male easterns aparently fast outgrow females in first few years,unlike blotchies,males are often bigger,but its marginal

look at there tails to,females seems it goes from solid and tapers slowly all the way to tip,the one on right gets thicker from the start before tapering again

and for there sizes the left one looks solider of hips comparrd to bigger looking right one,pics can be decieving but looks like a pr to me,they appear to look like the classic nsw types

Re: PLEASE GUESS THE SEXES

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:54 am
by Scotts1au
Now that you say that, the one on the right does look more male but they are obviously well fed which also makes it more difficult to tell. Definitely classic Sydney Easterns (Central Coast) i.e Sydney area.

Re: PLEASE GUESS THE SEXES

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:25 pm
by kl
I can't wait to get them. They will be sent back to the states in about 10 days or so.

Kim

Re: PLEASE GUESS THE SEXES

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:41 am
by mark_w
kl wrote:I did buy the animals. I asked the guy how sure he was about the sexes and he said that he had 20 yrs experience with reptiles and that they were absolutely a pair. However, I think that based on the photo alone they seem to have the same body shape of a female. The tail is slightly thinner on one which is also something that I see on male Blotched. I have no experience with Easterns so I'm not an expert on how to sex them.

Kim


Hey Kim - I have over 20 yrs experience with reptiles - but I can not sex Easterns for the life of me! Very nice animals though.

Mark.

Re: PLEASE GUESS THE SEXES

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:05 pm
by Richard.C
how are those easterns going ,kim