Page 1 of 1

New setup w/ Aspen and Plantation Soil :)

Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:48 pm
by Toria Dawn
Ok I did aspen with plantation soil as a base. I also switched his tank around. Here's the new look with a side love pic of my hubby and my wee love.

Re: New setup w/ Aspen and Plantation Soil :)

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:03 pm
by Logancrook
Looks cool. Does the skink like it?

Re: New setup w/ Aspen and Plantation Soil :)

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:19 pm
by Toria Dawn
He absolutely loves it. I put most of the aspen on the warm side and more soil on the cool side which gives him a choice between different humidities. The first day he spent completely buried, it was great to see him having so much fun.

Re: New setup w/ Aspen and Plantation Soil :)

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:21 pm
by Dakota
I did a mix of Aspen and Cyprus Mulch, and every single skink was out exploring their new "surrounding", it was sooo cute.

Re: New setup w/ Aspen and Plantation Soil :)

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:13 am
by Lea
It's looking good, Alicia. I like the piece of wood. I always find my skinks perched on their logs, looking like their just enjoying being a skink!

Re: New setup w/ Aspen and Plantation Soil :)

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:14 pm
by Toria Dawn
Yeah he loves that wood! It's good for burrowing under, basking on top, and I think it's helping file his nails.

Re: New setup w/ Aspen and Plantation Soil :)

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:18 pm
by juliec1
what size is your tank?

Re: New setup w/ Aspen and Plantation Soil :)

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:35 pm
by bluetonguerocks
A piece of wood definitely makes ur tank look more natural! great job!

Re: New setup w/ Aspen and Plantation Soil :)

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:42 pm
by Dakota
I find Hunter always perched on his wood hide. :lol:

Re: New setup w/ Aspen and Plantation Soil :)

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:51 pm
by bluetonguerocks
Dakota Nivens wrote:I find Hunter always perched on his wood hide. :lol:


and apparently skinks LOVE it too! im out hunting for wood :woo:

Re: New setup w/ Aspen and Plantation Soil :)

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:54 pm
by Dakota
I find it super funny.. because it is at an angle that he is looking down at the rest of the cage.. and it is like "My territory.. yo.." :lol:

Re: New setup w/ Aspen and Plantation Soil :)

Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:20 am
by Merriann
Nice looking tank and he looks like he is enjoying his perches!

Re: New setup w/ Aspen and Plantation Soil :)

Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:23 pm
by Toria Dawn
Yeah he loves that pierce of wood. I was lucky to find one big enough and shaped perfectly for him to tunnel under and to perch upon.

My tank is 18x18x36. I'm thinking of getting a bigger Vision cage this winter. I really need more space in there for him, so I've been looking at tanks online.