Page 1 of 1

Noises?

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:25 am
by crm2000
Hi again :D ! So my blue tongue skink, Percy, keeps making an odd whistle/squeaking noise when he breathes it started a wile ago like a couple months and I checked past topics for information the ones I read said it was fine but I'm still worried shortly after it started we found a little piece of shed caught in his nose and got it out I thought the sound would stop after that but he keeps doing it but its not like every time he breathes though only sometimes I'm starting to get a little paranoid about everything since the whole cyst experience with him :? . Is it ok he keeps making the noises? Thanks! Oh and by the way other than that he seems perfectly fine no discharge from his eyes or anything like that. Eek! I always have him out when I post for some reason and he tried to crawl in to my shirt :dead: okay I will stop rambling now :roll: sigh I talk to much.

Re: Noises?

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:06 pm
by Richard.C
some do it normally,if its only occaisionally very likely nothing to worry about,but if it concerns you ,keep an eye on it,if early stages of a respitory infection you will see other clues,like open mouth breathing,bubbly or watery eyes and nostrils or sneezing which causes that

if its just a slight whistle and every thing else appears normal,should be fine,but always good to keep a good eye on things just in case it is early symptoms of something

Re: Noises?

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:25 pm
by crm2000
Okay thanks! I was just concerned because I had never noticed it before a few months ago.