Page 1 of 1

Merauke with dry scales

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:55 am
by Logancrook
I always take my skink out when I feed her. I put a blanket on my lap and her bowl on the blanket. She then always explores in between my legs until I try to hand feed her to let her know the food is there. Than she goes straight for the food bowl. She is a very messy eater and makes a huge mess. So because of this I try to get the food off of her neck, face, and even stomach (it falls out of her mouth and she walks over it). I was getting food off of her neck and felt a few dry scales were her neck meets her body (on the under side of her). I then felt all over her and there were no more. Two days later I fed her again, the same way. The dry scales were gone. Yesterday I fed her again and they were back again in the same exact spot but it hadn't spread more at all. Should I be worried? Should I try to treat the dry scales? She is a Merauke and I don't spray her substrate, should I?

Re: Merauke with dry scales

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:38 pm
by Logancrook
:helpme:

Re: Merauke with dry scales

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:40 pm
by Dakota
What substrate is he on?

ETA: For when you are online, dry-scales generally don't cause much of a medical issue, that I know of, and correct me if I'm wrong :).. but rather, it is just a sign that humidity needs to be raised. El Lobo suggested a humid-hide in another recent thread, and Jeff mentioned changing the substrate if you are using a non humid substrate like Aspen, Carefresh, ect. If you are using a good humid substrate, just either get a bigger water bowl or wet it down a little more often.

Re: Merauke with dry scales

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:12 pm
by Logancrook
I use repti bark. And ok thanks.