Merauke with dry scales
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Logancrook
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 222
- Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:05 pm
- Country:
- Location: Maryland, USA
Merauke with dry scales
I always take my skink out when I feed her. I put a blanket on my lap and her bowl on the blanket. She then always explores in between my legs until I try to hand feed her to let her know the food is there. Than she goes straight for the food bowl. She is a very messy eater and makes a huge mess. So because of this I try to get the food off of her neck, face, and even stomach (it falls out of her mouth and she walks over it). I was getting food off of her neck and felt a few dry scales were her neck meets her body (on the under side of her). I then felt all over her and there were no more. Two days later I fed her again, the same way. The dry scales were gone. Yesterday I fed her again and they were back again in the same exact spot but it hadn't spread more at all. Should I be worried? Should I try to treat the dry scales? She is a Merauke and I don't spray her substrate, should I?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Logancrook
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 222
- Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:05 pm
- Country:
- Location: Maryland, USA
- Dakota
- Snail Hunter

- Posts: 5212
- Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
- Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
- Country: US
Re: Merauke with dry scales
What substrate is he on?
ETA: For when you are online, dry-scales generally don't cause much of a medical issue, that I know of, and correct me if I'm wrong
.. but rather, it is just a sign that humidity needs to be raised. El Lobo suggested a humid-hide in another recent thread, and Jeff mentioned changing the substrate if you are using a non humid substrate like Aspen, Carefresh, ect. If you are using a good humid substrate, just either get a bigger water bowl or wet it down a little more often.
ETA: For when you are online, dry-scales generally don't cause much of a medical issue, that I know of, and correct me if I'm wrong
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
- Logancrook
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 222
- Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:05 pm
- Country:
- Location: Maryland, USA
Re: Merauke with dry scales
I use repti bark. And ok thanks.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 178 guests

