MORE BABIES! Northern BTS (Litter B) NEW PHOTOS added!
Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:19 pm
This year Outback was paired up with a second female (Kathrine), and after a very long wait she finally gave birth to 12 babies on 7-18-2013 between 12:00 noon and 7:00 pm. I took a couple of photos of her giving birth, but it was too distracting to her so I stopped at 2. I also took a group shot of the litter. They are posted on the bottom of this post. The babies were very long and lean except for one short little fat one that has dark eye-bands (he looks like a little Centrallian). They look nice and it looks like at least 5 of them will end up looking just like mom. I will try to post individual photos of them in the next couple of days.
Update: These guys are doing great. I decided to take some photos of these guys earlier than I normally do. The photos I have added were taken when the babies were only two days old. This batch of babies is lighter than Litter A, and they look more like the Caramel line from a few years back. All but 3 of the babies from this litter (B) are spoken for. The 3 available babies have just been posted (along with available babies from litters A and C) in the classified section with current post-shed photos. See the following link:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23905&p=435681#p435
The male (Outback) is a 2010 animal from Jeff Greene (a moderator here on this site). Outback's bloodlines trace back to Andrew Seike stock. He has super bright orange blotches on his sides, and a nice light tail. Here he is:
The female (Kathrine) is a 2011 animal (also from Jeff Greene). Kathrine's bloodlines trace back to Andrew Seike and Zach (the site owner) stock. She is very pale and pretty. She also has hints of blue-green on her face at times. Here she is:
And here they are doing what Skinks do in the spring time.
Here is Kathrine giving birth:
Here is a group shot of the babies (the little Centrallian looking one in in the upper left corner):
Update: These guys are doing great. I decided to take some photos of these guys earlier than I normally do. The photos I have added were taken when the babies were only two days old. This batch of babies is lighter than Litter A, and they look more like the Caramel line from a few years back. All but 3 of the babies from this litter (B) are spoken for. The 3 available babies have just been posted (along with available babies from litters A and C) in the classified section with current post-shed photos. See the following link:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23905&p=435681#p435
The male (Outback) is a 2010 animal from Jeff Greene (a moderator here on this site). Outback's bloodlines trace back to Andrew Seike stock. He has super bright orange blotches on his sides, and a nice light tail. Here he is:
The female (Kathrine) is a 2011 animal (also from Jeff Greene). Kathrine's bloodlines trace back to Andrew Seike and Zach (the site owner) stock. She is very pale and pretty. She also has hints of blue-green on her face at times. Here she is:
And here they are doing what Skinks do in the spring time.
Here is Kathrine giving birth:
Here is a group shot of the babies (the little Centrallian looking one in in the upper left corner):