Page 1 of 1

basking rock question

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:10 pm
by chipmunkskink
Hi everyone,

New to the BTS world and it's fascinating to see whats out there :) I'm just getting set up to get ready for out baby northern and was wondering if it would be okay to use an old basking rock we used to have for a turtle years ago? I've cleaned it out pretty well, but will some algae on it be potentially harmful? thanks for the feedback

Re: basking rock question

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:13 pm
by Dakota
Soak it in bleach mixed with water overnight, and let it dry in the sun the next day for a couple days or so.. and then rinse again just to be on the safe side.

Re: basking rock question

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:52 pm
by chipmunkskink
Thanks will do...I'll post a pic of the set up in a couple of days to make sure things look okay! :D

Re: basking rock question

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:20 pm
by Logancrook
I agree, soaking in bleach is the best option. cant wait to see the pictures too!